Sunday, September 1, 2024

MÓNIKA TÓTH

 


 

World 2079

 

World…

Life is a carousel, always going forward,

never going back.

When I look into the future

There are robots.

There are aliens.

There are saucers in the sky.

Everyone is equal

In color, size, and shape.

The aspirations, they seem big

That ambitions, like mountains,

The future boundless.

There's a tracking device under my feet.

I look for things I cannot find.

I chase dreams I don't yet know.

In my future life

I'd like to be a cat

 

I believe in God

 

The world's a farce and false, and You

Alone, good God, are Truth and true.

The God of my all; in the little that I have,

I believe in the God

 

Love

 

Love

It can be humorous or serious,

playful or sober-sided,

beautiful and smooth,

or ugly and rough.

Sometimes they rhyme, sometimes not,

sometimes they metaphor, sometimes not.

 

Today

 

Present is always

struggling to grow.

I want go to the future

Today is too dull and long.

Today is too gray and unhappy.

The future is always bright,

Dreams come true there.

The future is colorful.

The happiness come true there.

Though, the future is faraway.

Yet, it is to us near.

 

Mónika Tóth

 


No comments :

Post a Comment