Wednesday, September 1, 2021

LISELLE POWDER

 


LISELLE POWDER

 

Unfinished Business

 

Equality, what it means?

Is it freedom? Words that empress?

Treating each other with respect.

Seeing not white, black or other.

But togetherness, is needed.

Tears shed so much, so much.

Just trying to be nice.

In this world? What world?

Does humanity exist?

Human nature, love, peace.

But war is the plague.

Can the world come back?

Can hands join together all over?

Can freedom be really free?

Is it possible?

What’s the next step?

Before the end. Before the world end.

 

 

Drowning In Sorrows

 

Yea it’s so easy to make wrong choices.

No one knows what it takes to make a living.

 Been doing the dirt, anything to get a dollar.

It’s no shame, just hard times.

This story is not new.

Woman have kids to feed.

Fell down to the lowest.

Can’t get up, no strength, no life.

Weak, no worth, no future.

Shucks, never went to school.

No education, didn’t know better.

Love come and go. It was good.

They didn’t make it better.

More pain, more sorrows.

Take, take that’s all they did.

Confused mind, can’t think.

Feeling sleepy now, so tired.

Would like to chat, but not right now.

Got to let the dreams flow.

No hope for tomorrow.

 

 

Ricky McCargo

 

Ricky McCargo is my name. Black brother just living his dream.

I am a fashion designer and I love style, class yea that’s me.

Have a wife, love her so, she’s carrying my baby,

That’s my family you know.

I took care of them, made sure all is well,

They step like me sure you can tell.

Always a hustle to make that dollar

Better do that than end up in the cellar.

But this day was a sad one for me.

I set of to work, nice day I live to see.

Took my normal route, walking the streets to work.

Have to reach on time it was no joke.

Saw this brother ran pass me.

Took nothing of it. I guess he’s happy.

But then the cops came my direction.

Looking for the guy that ran,

They missed him. What a situation.

They looked at me and stop right there.

I was shocked by their stare.

They looked like hungry wolves, seeing their prey.

I was cold sweating, didn’t know what to say.

They mistook me for the guy they were after.

I tried to explain, but there was laughter.

I couldn’t explain, my chances are gone.

Just in my head. I sang the freedom song.

They made me kneel down, hands held high.

I looked up to the heavens. Am I going to die?

My words of begging they got the wrong guy.

Felt on deaf ears, they thought I was the spy.

I was drenched with sweat pleading for my life.

Saw my family, saw my wife.

Like wolves they are ready to attack.

Tears flowed, no one had my back.

Then a loud explosion was heard.

I couldn’t speak, couldn’t say a word.

I’ve been shot, the wolves got me.

I couldn’t run, just for them to finish me.

I saw my life played before me on the stage.

No more chapters, no turning page.

Sorry, I couldn’t be there today.

Accept my apology. I couldn’t stay.

I saw my family one last time,

Before I close my eyes, don’t worry I will be fine.

I hear the applause, but I am not their now

Don’t be mad, if I don’t take a bow.

 

LISELLE POWDER

 

LISELLE POWDER was born in the small Caribbean island of Trinidad. Born to Edwina Warner (deceased)and Bindley Powder, she is the last of six siblings. She is divorced and a mother of two daughters and a grand daughter. Having migrated to the US in 2014, she decided to write poetry about her experiences coming to America. She met with Edna White an Author, and the rest was history. Liselle has written in Edna’s book “No Sweet Meat Tell Me The Truth” and contributed to the school newspaper where she works, she also writes in Ms. Edna’s Magazine called “SPEAK MAGAZINE.” and wrote her first short story titled “Teenage Mon” and her poetry book titled “Still Overcoming” which is on Amazon. With her continuous writing, she was entered in an Anthology for the month of June 2020. Liselle was also selected in another Anthology in November 2020. Liselle is also an artist and has also sold some of her work. At present Liselle is about to start a writing project with Ms. Edna White. Liselle hope one day to have her first Art Show in the near future. Liselle has come a long way and she strives to be the best of top poets and artist the world is yet to see.


No comments :

Post a Comment