Thursday, June 1, 2017

ZANNETA KALYVA – PAPAIOANNOU

ZANNETA KALYVA – PAPAIOANNOU

MY MOTTO

When someone takes,
fills his hands.
But when he gives,
is full in his heart.




  

LONELINESS

I was walking alone, an evening,
on Paros’ island
and my mind was seeking you
for love and a touch.

Looking at the sea
I saw your face
and shook me
your sweet and warm breath.

I felt you by my side
holding me in your arms.
Maybe because I expected
… to feel tenderness.






NOSTALGIA

On bed of pain,
alone, a night,
I wish I had
your  touch.

I feel nostalgia,
I’m scared of the lust
and with a big pain
I cry your name.






THE DOVE

You are a dove
that fly in the clouds
and your wings
never  stop.

You carry in your beak
an olive branch
and you fly
as  high as you can.

You hope for
the coming of PEACE,
that’s why
you never stop.

ZANNETA KALYVA - PAPAIOANNOU
GREECE


Dr. ZANNETA KALYVA-PAPAIOANNOU was born in Larissa. She comes from Vachlia, a small Arcadian village. She is poetess and author. Her work has been published in national and international  newspapers and magazines. Her poems there are in Anthologies and have been translated in English, Chinese, Albanian, Italian, Spanish and Korean. Her writing has won international and national prizes. She is a member of the WAAC/WCP (which awarded her the title Doctor of Literature), of the IWA, of the “Union of Greek Writers”, of the “WPS”, of the Accademia Ferdinandea (Italy), of the Literary Club “Xasteron”, of the Literary Club of Helioupolis, of the International Society of Greek Writers  & Artists, of the «Poetas del Mundo» («Poets of the World») and many social Associations of Greece. She referred in the American “Who’s Who” and in “I. B. of Cambridge” (U.K.). She has published the books: “MEMORIES”, narrative stories from her childhood, Athens 2001. “A LIFE’S NOTES”, poems (Greek-English), Athens 2002. “LIFE’S ESSENCE”, poems and short stories, Athens 2003 and  “WITH MY HEART’S WINGS”, a collection of poems (Greek, Chinese, Italian, English and French), Athens 2005& 2007. Country of origin: GREECE Mother Language: GREEK Nationality: GREEK Place of living: Helioupolis, Athens


No comments :

Post a Comment