Saturday, February 1, 2020

TRIBHU NATH DUBEY



TRIBHU NATH DUBEY

Slippery Slope

What if you decided to tread
On a slippery path
Knowing it well
There is no foothold
There is no rescue
What if you fell squarely?
In your resolve to fulfil a promise
Facing endless swirls
And countless spins

What if you had to brave
Many bruises and numerous jolts
What if you hurt your spine
And had to lie low with faint breath
Putting up a wry smile.

This is what made you
A distinguished biped-
Who can face off the lurking fall,
Who can still smile while in pain,
And follow the heart over pragmatic brain,
Who reckons high
The failing pursuits for goodness
Over tangible gain.







Wherever I go

Have covered a distance
And you travel, all along!
On the peak, In the bleak!
The path I travel, trees I meet
Stars I stare, florets I greet
They ask anew, repeat old story,
They smell a fragrance so endearing,
The part of you, I never miss to carry!








Life-Craft

Sitting on the mound of sand,
Life!
I manoeuvre to hold you
Like ticking time and
Slipping sand
With both my hands

Amidst
Shifting mound
And slipping sand,
With unskilful hands of mine
I do try to
Adonize you, life!

But,
How much you
Get to be adorned,
Life!
And how much you
Get to be retained?
©TribhuNath

TRIBHU NATH DUBEY

No comments :

Post a Comment