Saturday, February 1, 2020

ADIELA AKOO


ADIELA AKOO

As You Perceive

I am a flower that blooms
Perfume filtering the air
I am a veiled mystery
To hearts that don’t understand
And eyes that cannot yet see

I am a reflection
I am a teacher
I am a lesson
I am the yang and the yin
I am the quiet voice amidst the din

I am a stranger, and stranger yet
I am a beloved friend
A secret well kept
I am a seeker
And I have been sought

I have been crushed and ground
Tempered by fire
I have been dead
And I have been reborn
With passion and desire

I am fiery, yet cool
Strong, yet gentle
Creating from destruction
I am nurturing and can feel you
In the hidden depths of your soul


I am ancient and I am young
I am a germinating seed
I write and I am written
I belong to The Love Creed

But I remain, only as you perceive…








Redolent


Curtain of night pinned with stars
Crickets serenading a dancing breeze

Water wafting wilfully on slime-smoothed stones
Singing songs of appease

A lilting song picking pirouetting petals
From fragrant frangipani trees

Intoxicated spirit quietly redolent of the Highest Call
Enamoured soul on its knees!







A Scent On A Breeze

a scent on a breeze
a distant voice
a fated chance encounter
evoke memories my soul recalls
and yearns for me to remember
with gentle nudges unfolding in dreams
that long to wake me from slumber



ADIELA AKOO






No comments :

Post a Comment