Wednesday, May 1, 2024

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 



 

The Deep Mystery

 

The planet that welcomed us was beautiful

under the sun of our last journey into space

The ravaged unsalable landscape in front of us

transformed into an oasis,

when naked we faced the first day of creation

in its unexplored territory

 

Why are we spinning among the stars?

What are we looking for,

waking up with two green pebbles in our hands,

hearing the beloved's song gurgling down

in the thirsty bowels of the unknown planet?

Let's not talk about lost hydrias

and the broken statues of the firmament

since we didn't see anything else

from our shadows to the mirror of the Universe

 

Remember all that we must not forget

now that our colony is incessantly

swallowing the fog of eternal night

The deepest mystery of our love

in the palm of our hands let it perch

I don't want everyone to die alone on this hollow rock

on whom we were so dearly loved as eternal lovers

 

The Dragon

 

Like all dragons, I was born to hurt

My body is scarred

from curses of merciless witches

and from a hot stamp of my ultimate role,

the safekeeping of precious treasures

 

Like all dragons, I find tiny

my generous heart

I fall in love with

words of love and a subtle kiss

 

Like all dragons, I'm free,

I have dipped my tongue in the fire

and a muffled roar at the mouth

 

Like all dragons,

I stalk people and follow them

They think that will kill

my desires with a sword

They keep blaming me to cover

their own unspoken fears

 

Death for me is the slavery

Whenever this also happens,

I offer my invincible body with devotion

only to the dragon fighter who will love me

 

What Am I Looking For Here?

 

What am I looking for here?

Following the silence,

I reached this colorless planet

Now my sadness hides in the breaths

of my pain and anguish

Now electrified rain licks my dreams

 

What am I looking for here?

I followed the hope and

reached on this inhospitable rock

I hold in my hands

the indifferent darkness of ignorance

and the passion of soul-destroying mysteries

Poisonous gases caress my forehead

How many dreams nested

permanently in my memory?

How much life I fought

to keep inside me?

I don't know

and I don't want to know

 

My New Colony

                   

With the wings of my starship

I passed by the stars of space

I touched the heart of infinity

I boldly opened the gate of the interstellar void

I finally arrived at a strange exoplanet

in deep of another galaxy

Everything seemed nicer, more hopeful

and the unknown darkness

and the unprecedented sunlight

I landed there in the red desert

of an unfriendly planet

I walked up there

on the surface of new dreams

I slowly turned my gaze away

to a brilliant world of new desires

full of expectations, empty of betrayals

of days gone by

I was introduced to the arrival of a new hope

Up there on the edge of the impossible

I established my new colony

 

Don't Feel Sorry For Us

 

Somewhere in time

we used to keep

the banners of glorious days with cut hands and bruised knees

In the great battles

we were riding dragons

and transformed

the walls of the enemy

in burning ruins

 

Now we wait in the deserted corners

your meager sum,

but somewhere in time we traveled

from dream to dream

from lust to lust,

from hope to hope

having in our pockets

untold riches

We were passing

the richest empires

and we were filling our bags

with valuables, greed and passions

 

Now don't feel sorry for us

We remained living dead

among you

but we sweated a lot for it

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS is a poet, writer and scholar of religions. He was born in Thessaloniki, Greece, where he graduated from the Theological School of the Aristotle University. He holds a Master's Degree from the Theological School with a specialization in Religious Studies. It has been included in the "Great Encyclopedia of Mondern Greek Literature" of Haris Patsi publications and in the “Who's Who” of journalists. He has been honored with many national and international awards for his poems.


No comments :

Post a Comment