Wednesday, May 1, 2024

GITA MOHANTY

 



 

Accompany

 

In aloof evenings often he comes

Wearing a white shirt and blue jeans

Without invitations even

He sits besides, very close

Sometimes holding my hands

Sometimes looking into my eyes

Reading the silent verses

Sometimes sipping from my coffee cup

Without taking my permission even

 

Often, we witness

The first evening star

The first morning star

And in between some shooting stars

Also, we count the countless stars

We gaze the hide and seek of moon

Obsessively we observe the constellations and galaxies

On the screen of horizon

‘Loneliness’ always accompanied me

He never ever left me alone

A reliable partner, lives in my mind.

Copyright©Dr. Gita Mohanty

 

Care

 

I had to struggle

When I dragged my unwilling feet

To walk away from you

I had little pain

When I didn’t allow myself to look back again

My eyes felt foggy

When I warned them not to trickle

My heart felt heavy

When I urged it to detach, itself from the emotions

Still, I did everything

So that you wouldn’t have pain

Of my presence

Or of my absence.

Copyright©Dr. Gita Mohanty

 

Frozen

 

Numbness

No more emotions make the noise

In the corridor of my mind

No more tears trickles down

To wet my chest

No rise and fall of palpitations

With the cessation of the expectations

No more tap on my tender sentiments

It’s a solace holding a frozen heart

I have no complaints,

rather I’m thankful to this beautiful world

Making it easy in my part,

To detach and depart.

Copyright©Dr. Gita Mohanty

 

GITA MOHANTY

 

GITA MOHANTY is an assistant Biology professor in USA, Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, India, and post-doctorate from McGill University, Montreal, Canada, in Environmental Science and Engineering. She is a passionate poetry writer, with a compassionate heart and beautiful mind. She has written more than one thousand five hundred (1500) poems so far and many are published in various online poetry forums/platforms, literary web magazines, e-journals and several anthologies. Poetry to her is an inner conversation with her own soul, who believes in free flowing and spreading smile across. She also likes painting, photography, reading, philosophy and interacting with nature. She is motivated in serving the unprivileged and presently working for the visually impaired and economically challenged student’s college/university higher education support and their self-sustenance. She believes, unconditional love and compassion are the most elegant characteristics of a true being.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment