Wednesday, May 1, 2024

PRAYERLIFE NWOSU

 



Save Me

 

Playful swims with a stunning bob

Lost balance of s swimming cub

Unheard pants with unseen toes

A waving hands with death throes

 

Drowning screams are so inept

Frazzled calls with save attempts

Careless swings of dancing river

Tiny cries of a swimming beaver

 

Forceful gulps of unwanted drinks

Flapping taps and unconscious kicks

Brutal pushes of humming wind

A sinking child with water lid

 

Oh void struggles in closed grave

Empty fights with an angry wave

Help yells of a dying boet

Sudden end of a swimming boy

 

Peaceful state of a calm storm

Body float of my lifeless son

Oh painful death of a little one

Life battles were never won.

 

Under The Rain

 

Shouts of joy; heard

Claps of thunder; feared

Flashes of lightening sparks

Heavy rain drops barks

 

Happy mood under the rain

Long play like a train

Spanking drops of sky tears

Sleeping mood of body hairs

 

Water taps in water splash

Under the rain for a plash

Slippery ground; a dirty clash

Rough plays, of cause for bash

 

Moldy clay with foot prints

Happy jumps and tender sprints

Cool shower with drizzling drops

Joyful noise with drinks and gulps

 

Careless thought of life worries

Thinking more of good curries

Under the rain, under the cloud

Under the cloud, we play bald.

 

A Piece Of Me

 

Torn piece I cannot sew

The vacuum of my piece melts my soul

An endless search of a lost piece

A broken reed in a lingered hole

 

My heart bleeds over my lost piece

Frozen in a cold winter?

Void crystal clear cryogenic peace

My heart is cold in search for some ease

 

A broken piece with a rough edge

Couldn’t make up for new page

Oh bleeding fingers of a helping hand

Poor flesh is left with a band

 

Ruined love with no excuse

A second chance denied

Wild edges of a gentle piece

Departed piece; a no to infuse

 

My piece left and kicked the dust

Painful regrets of a ruined trust

A broken whole with no second chance

Departed piece with no second glance.

 

Forest Dawn

 

Bright morning of a yellow sun

Gradual spread of radiant rays

What a canopy formed by trees

As sun rays climb on tree stems.

 

Shiny sight of a green forest

Tiny whispers of nursing trees

Leaves on close chat with another

Falling fruits are quite brisk.

 

Singling birds hop on trees

With their peck the make a nest

Falling leaves are used to build

What a nest so soft and safe.

 

Careless moves of a gentle breeze

Happy grasses play and dance

Left and right the move and wiggle

What a breeze so calm and cool.

 

Tiny noise of a playing squirrel

Sending signals of a crawling snake

Dashing quick to the nearby tree

None is ready to make a meal.

 

My First Love

 

He promises never to knock my skull

Promise to love even if life goes sore

Never to dribble my heart to score

 

He always caught me like a ball

And stood by me to hear my call

He never watched me fall

With him by my side I stood tall.

 

Never did he make me cry

My tears will always dry

He is the reason I move high

Never the reason for my sigh

 

He never left me in pieces

But showered me with kisses

Oh yes I was pretty poor

But with him I had more.

 

He gives his shoulders me to lean

And of cause made me his next of kin

Although he couldn’t afford a jean

Yet he is a king with a pretty Queen.

 

PRAYERLIFE NWOSU

 

PRAYERLIFE NWOSU is a graduate of Mass Communication. Her poems have been featured in various Poetry Anthologies, Websites and Magazines which include: OPA Annual Anthology; Bridges to Tomorrow, From Africa with love (International Human Right Anthology), Anthology in honor of Late Professor Jerry Agada, 11th Woman Scream Anthology, Abhyuday “The Rising” International Magazine, The Pine Cone Review Magazine; Issue II, News Corner Media, Poemify Magazine; Issue III, Libretto Magazine; Issue 07 & 09, 6th & 7th Chinua Achebe poetry/essay Anthology with an award of outstanding entry, gisthub24.com, allpoetry.com, Upwrite Magazine, Nigerian book of Miscellaneous Insults, Ghostly Ghouls and Haunted Happenings Anthology, Voices of Africa Anthology, Voices of Revolution Anthology, The Graveyard zine 5th Issue, Flora fiction spring 23rd edition, 13th International Festival of the cry of a Woman: Mother Earth Anthology, 11th edition of Otherwise Engaged Literature and Arts Journal etc. She is one of the editors of Voices of Revolution Anthology; A Publication of the society of young Nigerian Writers (SWNW) Imo state chapter. Currently, she is the state’s Information Secretary of the Society of young Nigerian writers (SYNW) Imo state chapter.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment