Far Or Near
(THE RHYTHMS OF
BEING)
I have crossed
beyond silence,
not as one who
departs, but as silence itself
learning how to
walk.
I have crossed
dimensions
unknown to
mathematics,
yet known to the
trembling of the soul
when time beats
like a weary heart
in the chest of
the universe.
One step – was
life,
one pause – was
death,
one breath –
resurrection.
Thus I walked,
from distance to closeness,
from closeness
to loss,
until I
understood
that the path
leads nowhere else
but to the self.
Distances I drew
near
not with steps,
but with meaning;
I held them
within my mind
like stars that
cannot be touched,
yet guide with
love.
Some closeness I
let drift away
those that beat
outside my rhythm,
those whose
bodies were near
but whose
absence lived within.
My true friends
are far in
space,
yet close in the
rhythm of living:
our hearts beat
within the same
interval of time,
even when the
universe separates us by continents.
The things I no
longer possess
I hold tighter
than those I can touch,
for matter
tires, but memory is pure energy.
My friend,
physicist and poet,
eight thousand
kilometers away,
is only a second
of thought close.
Between us
stretches space,
but it is not an
obstacle - it is proof
that closeness
is not distance,
but resonance.
We are close in
everything essential:
in doubt, in the
unanswered question,
in the silence
that speaks more truly than any formula.
Only kilometers
separate us
that unit of
measure with no soul,
no memory, no
rhythm.
And thus I
arrived at myself:
not as an
arrival,
but as the
dissolution of illusions.
I understood
that I am
the space where
distance becomes closeness,
and closeness
learns to depart
without being
lost.
For the self
is a
metaphysical dimension, where every heartbeat
is philosophy,
and every breath
a silent act of
life.
The Algorithm Of Dreams
In the cells of
night, a hidden program ignites,
the algorithm of
dreams that remains awake before us,
and takes our
breathing as binary code,
as if man
himself were a prayer imprisoned in light.
In sleep, the
world begins to search our desires:
the love we
cannot confess aloud,
the success that
weighs upon the soul like an impatient star,
the small power
of the day we long to magnify into the sky,
the cohesion we
no longer find in fragmented time.
And the dream
returns, repeating itself,
for modern man
no longer sleeps alone
he sleeps with
his phone, with the screen that preserves
silent secrets:
what we have searched,
whom we have
loved, what we have lost.
There, in
digital silence, the seed of the dream is planted.
Invisible
servers read the beating of the heart
as an endless
query:
“find
happiness,” “return time,” “give me a little more.”
And then the
night returns it as a vision:
the same room
appears, the same person,
the same horizon
we could not reach by day.
As if to tell
us:
your path does
not change unless you change it yourself.
But the
algorithm of dreams is not an enemy
it only reflects
what we have written within the soul,
what we confess
to the world in silence,
when fingers
move across the screen
and the heart
seeks a word it could not find
in the light of
morning.
In the end, we
awaken with a gentle shadow of meaning:
change the
dream, and you will change the world within you.
For every night,
life asks us in a quiet voice:
which version of
yourself do you wish to rewrite today?
And the
algorithm remains silent…
but the dream
answers.
Life As A Story Written By Someone Else
(Who is the author
of our life?)
Sometimes I
think
that my life has
been written by someone else,
with an
invisible hand,
in a manuscript
I am not allowed to edit.
The most
beautiful sentences
appear suddenly,
like gifts I
never asked for,
while the
darkest chapters
I find in nights
when I forget who I am.
Am I the
character,
or the hand
trembling over the paper of fate?
Perhaps only the
voice
that reads in a
low tone
what was written
from the very beginning.
The people I
meet
are sentences
someone has placed before me,
some to teach me
how pain is
written,
others—how
silence is forgiven.
And yet, at
times,
I feel I manage
to change a comma,
to add a breath,
to turn a line
in another direction.
Is this freedom,
or its illusion?
Try and
understand it now.
In the end, when
the last page closes,
and the light
fades in the corner of memory,
perhaps the
author will smile softly
and ask me:
Did you love
your story,
or did you
merely live it?
I will remain
silent.
Because in
silence,
perhaps for the
first time,
I will feel the
writer’s hand
placing the pen
in mine after a comma.
JETON KELMENDI
JETON KELMENDI is one of the most
prominent figures of contemporary Albanian literature and a voice with wide
international resonance. Born in 1978 in Peja, Kosovo, he is a poet, scholar,
translator, and university professor, known for his rich literary creativity
and his commitment to promoting Albanian literature worldwide. Kelmendi has
published dozens of books of poetry, essays, and literary studies, translated
into more than 42 languages and included in prestigious international
anthologies. His poetry is characterized by deep philosophical sensitivity, a
modern language, and a universal approach to themes such as love, identity,
freedom, and human existence. He often intertwines elements of Albanian
tradition with a contemporary global spirit. In addition to his literary work,
Jeton Kelmendi is active in academic and cultural fields, participating in
international conferences, poetry festivals, and translation projects. He has
contributed to building cultural bridges among peoples through literature and
intercultural dialogue. Awarded with dozens of international prizes and
recognitions, Kelmendi is considered one of the most important European poets
of our time and a достой ambassador of Albanian culture on the global stage.

No comments :
Post a Comment