Thursday, October 1, 2026

MUAMMAR AL-SUFYANI

 


 

We Eat Our Dreams Raw

 

The month walks by 

on the light feet of a mad moon 

across the sky 

asking for its salary?

 

The night said to him: 

Shake the tree of noise 

so you might eat your dreams 

before they ripen—by a letter 

from the branch of the hour.

 

Time flew away 

to a valley inside the poem 

before the sunrise of her eyelids.

 

The Prophetic Poem

 

I asked her about her identity...

She said:

 

The features of the Qur’an

The hue of the moon

The artery of peace

 

My letters’ blood type is positive with values

I am the Prophetic Poem

 

The train of Hijra arrived through the years

And set me down in the bags of memory

 

I send salutations to Muhammad among the nations

 

On A Street Of Poetry

 

I found my homeland 

on a street of poetry…

 

calling me:

 

“What do you want from life?”

 

I answered:

 

Calm on the journey, 

Presence in the place, 

A heart free of regret, even amid the crowd.

 

MUAMMAR AL-SUFYANI


MUAMMER AL-SUFYANI: Poet & Writer | One of the International Poets and Writers. Ma'mar Al-Sufyani is a Yemeni poet and writer recognized among international poets and writers for his work on exile, identity, and resilience. Based in Taiz, his poetry fuses classical Arabic imagery with a modern existential voice, addressing universal human questions through a Yemeni lens. His poem _“The City of the Cup, The Kingdom of Sand” _ reflects his signature style: concise intensity, metaphorical depth, and emotional precision. Al-Sufyani’s writing captures the fragile balance between fate, memory, and belonging.


No comments :

Post a Comment