Saturday, December 1, 2018

MARY BONE


MARY BONE

SILENCE IS GOLDEN

In a time when children were seen,

Not heard,

I sat there not saying a word.

My mouth was on mute.

My thoughts ran wild and screamed.

They couldn’t stop my thoughts.

The train kept rolling

As disaster loomed.

Laughter broke out.

I was the queen of the stage,

After I crashed and burned.







THE DRIFTER

I was cut off- a drifter,

Traveling near and far.

As a drifter, I came and went

As I pleased.

I moved frequently,

Just passing through

Hoping to find

My own place.

Being a wanderer,

I was shunned.

Family disowned me.

I am still waiting to be adopted.






THE GLEANER

I was the gleaner of fields

And gardens.

After watching squirrels and ants

Put away food for the winter,

My mind was busy as I gathered

Seeds from the harvest.

Birds took note of my activity.

We all agreed hard times were coming.

MARY BONE

MARY BONE has been writing poetry and short stories since the age of twelve. She has had two books of poetry published. Her poems have appeared at Our Poetry Archive, The Writers Café Magazine, Issue 13, Elements Issue, Spillwords, The New Ink Review, Veggie Wagon Journal, Poetry Pacific, The Homestead Review, A short story entitled, “Screams in the Night”, will be published in the November issue of Spillwords online, The Writing Disorder and numerous other places.


No comments :

Post a Comment