Saturday, August 1, 2026

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

 


 

Experiences

 

I no longer dream

Whatever comes my way, I will live

But I miss

the shadows of strange twilights,

the echoes of the eerie wilderness,

your innocent tears,

the reptilian glow of your eyes

I am the Odysseus of the Universe

I wake up from beautiful

journeys and melodies

of elves and nymphs

I like it when the silence of infinity sings

I plant my feet on the earth

I face with courage

the emptiness, the immense chaos,

the tall castles that were silently built

on your pure planet

We will meet there

as settlers of a new dream

 

At The Crossroads

 

At the crossroads of my life

I meet the Sphinx

bound by chains of weakness

Her wings useless like mine

We cannot fly

to the stars and to hope

Only desire can be enclosed

for a while in our arms

Our images resemble

the liquid mirror of the celestial lake

 

At the crossroads of my dreams

I meet the Sphinx

who does not know how to pose

riddles

for me

about my already mysterious life

I know in detail

the traces of the night in my soul

I am a weak flame

that the rain has caught before it becomes fire

 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS

                                                 

CHRISTOS DIKBASANIS is a poet, writer and scholar of religions. He was born in Thessaloniki, where he graduated from the Theological School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He holds a Master's Degree from the Theological School with a specialization in Religious Studies. It has also been included in the "Great Encyclopedia of Mondern Greek Literature" of Haris Patsi publications and in the Who's Who of journalists. Also, he has been distinguished as the FACE OF CONTINENT (Antarctica) for the year 2023 by the global electronic magazine HUMANITY MAGAZINE, the special edition ANTARCTICA and the publisher Alexander Kabishev. Two poetry collections of his poems in the English language were published by WRITERS INTERNATIONAL EDITION and WRITERS CAPITAL INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION and are distributed in the USA, Canada, India and Europe. Also, he has been honored with many national and international awards for his poems.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment