Saturday, August 1, 2026

MARIA DO SAMEIRO BARROSO

 


 

Invisible Hand

 

I celebrate my destiny in May

with fragrant flowers,

lilies and fading memories,

sapphires and heavenly lilies.

My path is a continuous rewriting

of worn-out manuscripts,

emerging from the darkness,

forging new connections

with the flames of a new light.

I rise, and I fall,

but I never despair,

because I know

that whenever I stand

in the darkness,

an invisible hand shape

my eternity

in the green fields of the sky.

 

Journey

 

My journey is always an unknown

and unpredictable land,

where birds sing,

and aromatic herbs burn.

It’s dawn and night

in an endless cycle.

I face my truth as following

an inner deity,

climbing mountains

with towering peaks

until reaching the pure breeze

of clarity

and the endless rivers of light.

 

MARIA DO SAMEIRO BARROSO

 

MARIA DO SAMEIRO BARROSO: She is from Portugal, is a medical doctor and a multilingual poet who has received multiple national and international awards and literary recognitions. She is also a translator, essayist, and researcher in Portuguese and German literature, translation studies, and the history of medicine, with an extensive literary background that includes over forty published works, comprising poetry, translations, and essays. Her poems have been translated into more than thirty languages.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment