When Trust Is Lost
I never thought
you'd be the one to leave me,
Even less did I
believe I'd catch you with another,
-"Be
quiet"- I told the others, I don’t want to hear you
I didn't believe
anyone when they said you could do this!
Can you give me
back the years you threw into the abyss,
Can you give me
back the life you stole with betrayal,
If you can, give
me back the sparkle in my eyes just once more
If you can, give
me back the trust in YOU!
When love in the
soul is extinguished, it never comes back to life,
The stars in our
eyes lose their shimmer, they no longer shine for us,
Now in my eyes
there is only ice and frost
That once cast
so many rays, like the sun over flowers and grass.
My heart in
pieces will take your breath away,
You’ll hate
yourself like a tree hates frost in spring,
You had no right
to play with my sincere feelings,
I didn’t deserve
to be struck in the soul with silent betrayal!
If you said the
snow had turned black, I would have believed,
The ocean can be
crossed on foot, I wouldn’t have doubted your words,
Now if you told
me “The Sun is only fire,”
I would scream
with conviction: “Then water must have swallowed the whole sky”!
VIOLETA KADRIU

No comments :
Post a Comment