Saturday, August 1, 2026

HONG NGOC CHAU

 


 

Destiny

 

1

 

The destiny of a Buddhist, what is your life?

 

Suffering and happiness exist in your life

 

What you sow, you reap; that is karma, indeed

 

Do good deeds and practice restraint in speech

 

2

 

Modern-day destiny holds meaning

 

Your destiny changes by yourself, everything

 

Self-effort through the days and months, in life

 

Understanding yourself, striving with all your might,

 

3

 

Keep your focus on the goals you've set, really

 

There's no difficulty you can't overcome, truly

 

Faith, desire becomes the truth in life

 

Taking steady steps to change your life.

HNC @All Rights Reserved

 

The Eyes Being Promised To Offer

 

1

 

Every time I go doing charity

I always get both sad and happy

This time I feel more sorrowfulness

Further unexpected anguish

 

2

 

About the seven-year-old girl so nice

Before she said goodbye to this life

She spoke to her mother the will in the sun

She wanted to donate her eyes to anyone

 

3

 

Someone was living in need of light.

The newspaper info showed me her plight

For more details, I looked for her mother

The event was published in the newspaper

 

4

 

Going to the off-limit end of an alley

After the rain, the alley was muddy

Thanks to the address I stopped at the door

Her mother is like a nun on a pagoda floor

 

5

 

I introduced myself and my require

I gave her mother a present of mine

After greeting, she told me the story

About the past of her daughter lovely

 

6

 

My girl had cancer, a brain tumor

I didn't know it when she was younger

When she was in the first grade in the school

Her teacher visited me and confided later soôn

 

7

 

My daughter was very personal as ever

She was good at learning, very clever

But often talkative in class, hard to be managed

Repeatedly advising her teacher discouraged

 

8

 

During the second semester, she learned badly

Her teacher thought she liked to play eagerly

At her second grade, she was detected cancer

She couldn’t go to school she had a brain tumor

 

9

 

She was taken to the hospital for a treatment

Cared by a foreign doctor and good medicament

Wholeheartedly taking care of her

In the end, doctors couldn't save he

 

10

 

Being supported to breathe over a month

She seemed to know her death by hard lungs

I was always in service on her bedside

She said to me: “Dear mom! I must die

 

11

 

Mom already knows my will, put it in action

This is the moment of our separation

I do not repeat it, dear mom! You know

Goodbye everyone, it’s time I have to go”

 

12

 

Upon her forehead, I put the last kisses

She lay, a sleep of an angel it would be

My girl said her eyes being promised to offer

She still sees me through someone in the future

 

13

 

I was proud of her will but then I fainted.

Now I don't know what else to say indeed

On behalf of my daughter, I thank you

I never forget your kindness, it’s true.

HNC@All Rights Reserved

HONG NGOC CHAU

 

HONG NGOC CHAU: Her true name is NGUYEN CHAU NGOC DOAN CHINH. Her pen name is HONG NGOC CHAU. She is a Master of Education Management, a member of the Ho Chi Minh City Writers Association (Vietnam) and an Honorary Doctor of Literature and Humanities of the Church and the University of Prixton. Executive member of W.U.P (World Union of Poets), General Council of the World Union of Poets with SILVER MEDAL for Researcher (14th medal of the World Union of Poets), VISHWA BHARATI Associate - India (Vishwa Bharati Research Center), International Ambassador of the International Council of Writers & Artists, Administrator, Coordinator, Group Expert of many literary forums around the world; CULTURAL AND ARTISTIC ACTIVITIES Books of poems published: Vietnamese Contemporary Poetry (Volume 1); The road to the true heart, Pitiable or Blamable, Live with the dream …and many works have been published on world literary forums, newspapers, magazines of English Literature, USA, India, Russia, Poland, China, etc., global publications; honored to receive the Excellence Award of the European Poetry Championship 2021, honored to participate in the 2nd World Literature Festival 2021, honored works selected by Indian Educators to be published in a multilateral anthology Global convenience, honor to attend the World Poetry Championship 2021, Featured author of Inner Child Press International-'building bridges of cultural understanding' 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022,2023, 2024. 2025, 2026 etc.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment