Saturday, August 1, 2026

UMASREE RAGHUNATH

 


 

In Love In Life

 

When life threw lemons

I started to make lemonade

When life threw love

I created love stories

When life gave challenges

I dreamt of fragrances of life

When love failed

I let it go and made love live again

When life failed

I knew other doors would open

When life tested at times

I kept quite in fame

Beyond our own design

There is a creator master piece

When life gives you stress

Let everything flow off in recess

When tears dropped in salt sea

There came love to foresee

When everything felt lost

I regained myself fast!

When failure embraced me

I learnt to raise again true

Beyond the destiny designed

We believe in ourself

That’s the only way to conquer

Our fears and failure

To raise again, shine fine!

 

Letting Go!

 

He showed me love like no one else can

I have been his life’s biggest fan!

He showed me affection

Care, unparalleled compassion

He never showed me sympathy

But always handled me with empathy

He sowed seeds of dreams

To let the trees of fruits grow

He cried when I did

Letting me know that I am not alone

He brought me food

When my stomach ached in hunger

He brought me books

When my reading mind craved

He watched movies with me

Uplifting my soul and thoughts

He loves my poetry

As all the lies in it were around him

One DAY!

Destiny Mattered!

He came to me with just one request

To let him go!

He said in silence, that love burdened him

I decided to let it go!

I did not fail in love!

In fact, my love survived in letting him go!

Destiny is not what you hold on to!

True destiny is letting life flow

In its own way!

The destined path to sway!

 

UMASREE RAGHUNATH

 

UMASREE RAGHUNATH is a Senior IT Leader, Awards winning Author/ Blogger/ Poet/ Lawyer/ Diversity & Inclusion Social Activist/ Motivational Speaker, Past President - Inner Wheel Club of Madras South, Former President-eWIT (Empowering Women in IT), Chennai, India. Umasree has close to 500 poems across various themes, 1000+ blog posts, several short stories, Author of the book– ‘Simply Being Sidds’.   She is also having a live blog in her own name. And part of several poetry anthologies of both National and International repute. She has won more than 25+ awards for her pursuits in both personal and professional life.

 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment