Saturday, August 1, 2026

TETJANA HRYTSAN-CHONKA

 


 

The Eyes Of The Ukrainian Land

 

In the dripping memories of love,

 In the morning, I see the light, the stars.

Her blessed eyes, her holy request.

I am with you, even if the knitting needles

Want to measure time.

I am with you, I am by your side.

Love tenderly in your thoughts,

 My Word is always with you,

The blue gaze is the God of Love.

The earthly and blessed Savior...

Her dawning eyes, her girlish longings,

 Her bright movements, Her happy hands,

Her blessed Yasas, her excessive, ours

Sensual worlds are flooded with tears for years...

 We have been washing ourselves in blood for too long.

 We have merged inhumanly with the war,

 We haven't prayed in essence yet.

 The enemy is still pressing on our world.

 Happy Eyes - seven centuries, save your child,

 Wash the waters, sanctify the sun.

 

A Precious Day Of Life

 

Find me among a thousand buds,

Accept me, wrap me with the mourning

Of my yesterday's shadow,

My transparent frothy

Words....

I am alive.

Bring me the first kiss,

Swallow the tears of earthly gifts....

Accept God's wonders.

I am alive....

In the lavender light, birds

Are flying home,

Roofs

Covered with feathers of songs,

Day....

I am in the sky, among the birds,

Carrying water, sprinkling sins

Of yesterday's kin....

I am from the East....

I will learn your Words,

I will give all of myself

To the people...

 

*Sprinkling-----watering

 

TETJANA HRYTSAN-CHONKA

 

TETJANA HRYTSAN-CHONKA is a Ukrainian poet, translator, and cultural diplomat, author of 15 poetry collections and the novel-essay “Living Doors.” As co-author of over 200 international anthologies, she has received prestigious awards (Kafka, Böll, Hemingway, Burns, Dreiser, among others) and holds the World Order of Cultural Diplomacy and the title of “Ambassador of Peace.” Her poetry bridges cultures, languages, and worlds. Her works have been translated into many languages, including English, German, Kyrgyz, Serbian, Romanian, Italian, and Vietnamese. She has been published in international journals and is a member of various international platforms "WORLD POETS FOR PEACE IN UKRAINE." Tetiana is also a Ukrainian record holder in patchwork work "Bosorka." In 2024, she was awarded the title "Honored Cultural Worker of Ukraine

 

 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment