Saturday, October 1, 2022

SANDRINE DAVIN

 


Letter From A Soldier

 

On foul ground

I write you these few words

I'm fine, don't worry

I long for rest.

The sun always rises

But I never see him

Black lives in my dreams

But I'm fine, don't worry...

 

The stars don't shine anymore

They sped around the corner,

The wind that was my friend

Today I curse him.

But I'm fine, don't worry...

 

The blood runs down my cheek

A tear from us

It's so cold on this floor

I am alone, I take off.

But I'm fine, don't worry...

 

My eyelids are getting heavy

The sandman will pass

And my ears are deaf

I draw a line under the past.

But I'm fine, don't worry...

 

On foul ground

I wrote these few words

I know they will get to you

To announce my rest to you.

I'm fine, don't worry...

 

View Of EHPAD

 

Sitting behind the window

She is waiting.

A sparrow pecks

The last crumbs

From his lunch.

She smiles at him.

The days no longer count.

Nights are no longer nights.

The silence howls

To his deaf ears.

She is waiting.

From below the window

I see you.

You're still beautiful

Grandmother.

Your smile ricochets off my pupils

And I send to waltz

My hand to you.

The desire to hold you in my arms,

To caress your face.

A dream, an illusion.

Soon, I promise...

 

On The Ground

 

On the ground

Suddenly aged

The night rests

his eyelids

The sleep

Shadows

Numbs the roots

Time tears

The flesh

Earth

Between

 

SANDRINE DAVIN

 

SANDRINE DAVIN was born on 15/12/1975 in Grenoble (FRANCE) where she still resides. She is the author of contemporary poetry inspired by tankas, she has published 15 collections of poetry, the latest of which is entitled "Fracture de terre" at The Book Edition. Her works are studied by primary and middle school classes where Sandrine works with these students. She has this taste for sharing poetry with young audiences and making them want to write...


No comments :

Post a Comment