Saturday, October 1, 2022

TABASSUM TAHMINA SHAGUFTA

 


Spirit

 

Oh, my love

With your love free my body and soul

From Fetters.

In your festival lights of love

Of this universe,

I am a mere earthen lamp.

Oh love,

Add to it in the flame.

The sparkling eternal flame of you will

Bring the spring wind.

Will blow the mind.

Will capture the lyrics of the mind,

With all it’s tunes and melodies

In all nature

Through forest and meadows.

Some way oh my Beloved

Breath my spirit

Into the depth of my inner soul.

Fill up to the deepest core

Of my heart.

With your hands.

Touch and enlighten my lifeless soul.

 

 

Song Of The Invisible

 

With Chirping songs

The bird is blessed by you.

The singing is all it does

And gifts us with merriment.

You have made the winds free.

How easy for it to serve you.

You have burdened me

With all kinds of loads

I steer through with them upon.

A road,

A times straight

At times crooked,

Still, I go on

Feeling your presence.

Beloved your burden

Is thy gift.

I go on and on

Without abandoning your gift.

Feeling your presence,

Wherever I go.

I chant your names

In godly hours.

I replicate your image

Again and again,

Within the nature.

Break your silence.

My mute God.

Answer to my calls,

With your tune,

Bring life to the lifeless.

Let me listen to your voice,

And sing thy name,

Without doubts.

Let me celebrate you, oh invisible

With songs of my heart,

Composing poems.

Fill my heart with your songs,

Bring the tune in life,

Let the imagination float endlessly,

Let your songs fill the tongue

With sweet words.

Let the cheek blush

When I sing your songs.

Let the eyes lighten,

Let the life filled with smiles

Let all the darkness wash away

And fill the heart with divine thoughts,

With your voice and songs.

Let your music be my only song.

Oh, my invisible God!

 

I Sing Thy Song

 

I know not how,

Oh, my love

Thou sing Thy Song

In silent amazement you sing

And I listen

And you sing and sing.

The glow of Thy music, my love

Illumines my universe.

My world, the world of mine

Where resides my mind.

The eternal waves of Thy tune

Traverses the sky,

Splits the stones,

And rushes restyle towards

Thy Divine stream of melody.

My heart longs to sing the same tune.

But I failed to capture it in my chord.

Earthly business engulfs me.

I pretend to play the part in the drama called life.

I concede till I find a way.

Baffled my heart bleeds,

In what a trap?

So, I weave the endless meshes

Of Thy love’s melody

All around me.

 

TABASSUM TAHMINA SHAGUFTA

 

TABASSUM TAHMINA SHAGUFTA Hussein is from Dhaka Bangladesh. She is MA holder in English literature. She is the 2nd Poetry Winner of (KEL Korean Expatriate Literature) 2021. Her poems have appeared in several literary magazines. She has contributed to seven anthologies. She occasionally writes fiction. She is the International Fellow of International Human Rights Art Festival. She is a guest contributor to the Indian social journalism platform Different Truths. She occasionally contributes to the Bangladeshi English print newspaper Our Time and The Good Morning. She is the Bangla translator of ITHACA Foundation, Spai ‘s initiative Point Edition and Poetry Without Borders.


No comments :

Post a Comment