Thursday, November 1, 2018

ALY O'NEILL



ALY O'NEILL


WEATHER FORECAST

As the winds cool
the leaves fall;
I hope our love grows stronger
to keep us warm.







COSY

my lover,
I will walk together, a while.
let me get my cosy jumper
hold your hand
and laugh;
why is it
you always make me laugh?
as you pull the hair back
from my face
and fulfil my desires with
with sweet generous kisses.
Ah, yes, we fit,
like the warm woollen jumper I wear,
comfortable in your presence.







FOR A LITTLE WHILE

For a little while,
as she looked back at the could have been.
All the poems, thoughts and feelings
she sighed,
but no longer cried,
for she was more grateful for what remained.
She placed an acorn in her pocket, smiling
from little acorns might oaks grow
and she remembered, they were still growing.

FROM: AUTUMN LOVE NOTES COLLECTION


ALY O'NEILL


ALY O’NEILL is a poet and spoken word artist from Cornwall, United Kingdom. Her Debut poetry book was published by WILDFIRE PUBLICATIONS in Summer 2017 “ Poems Worth their Salt; Tears, Time and Tide” available from lulu.com and Amazon. Her Next book is due in summer 2019. Aly is inspired by the beautiful world around her, nature, love, also writing on humanitarian issues.    Aly is passionate that poetry and writing therapy can have a positive impact on mental wellbeing. Aly is currently working on putting together poetry retreats in Cornwall and workshops for festivals in Summer 2019. The following poems are all extracts from her Autumn love note collection, celebrating the beautiful change in season, themes of romance, renewal, endings, healing and beginnings.

No comments :

Post a Comment