Tuesday, January 1, 2019

INGE WESDIJK



INGE WESDIJK

ECHOES

Elmwood Valley ...
She always loves the herbal scent
and vivid colors of wildflowers,
the peaceful sound of the small rippling rill.
But today she feels nervous, tensed.
Why did she come here?
The place is full of bittersweet memories.
Passionate kisses, making love
in the shades of the tall majestic Elms.
Those delightful moments
of light-hearted laughter, re-echoed
by the hillsides of the valley.
---
He wrote his last words per text message
'Sorry, it's over, I can't go on'.
A cowardly act, not even having
the guts to tell her face to face.
She stood there, caught
in a thousand frozen thoughts
while the echo wept.






THE HEALING POWER OF NATURE

Sparkling, foamy waves
playing tag on the shore
Boisterous chatting seagulls
are scattering the breakers
with their brisk plunge
The firm sea breeze disperses
a zestful salty fragrance

Clearing my troubled, chaotic mind
Floundering through the
drenched grains of sand
The tension in my muscles
diverts me of the vortex of emotions
that haunts me these days

Listening to the rippling murmur
of the waves causes a peaceful
feeling of calm serenity
The cauldron of embroiled thoughts
gradually transforms into
an amphora of pleasant musings
The healing power of nature







MOTHER'S EYES

I loved to watch her
when she made those eyes
She started with the upper eyelid
painting the lash line in black
and end up in a sharp wing
A true piece of art

I tried to make those eyes
on my dolls with a felt-tip pen
Messing up their beautiful faces
My later experiments to create
an equal aesthetic appearance
ended up in dark cloths and spots
I finally acknowledged I would
never reach this state of perfection

My mom told me today how proud
she always has been of me
We're not much alike my child, she said
except for the eyes, you really have your
Mother's eyes


©
 DAGINNE AIGNEND

INGE WESDIJK: Daginne Aignend is a pseudonym for the Dutch writer, poetess, photographic artist INGE WESDIJK. She likes hard rock music, fantasy books, and loves her animals. She has been published in many poetry journals, magazines, and anthologies. Daginne has a fun project website www.daginne.com

No comments :

Post a Comment