Tuesday, December 1, 2020

EDUARD HARENTS

 

EDUARD HARENTS

1

***

Life lives me with all my details,

and I turn around it

as a color of another brush.

My canvases have holes in them

as a Japanese coin,

through which one by one

all my loves free themselves

from me, always outwards

their parting

ringing about my wonderful loss…

And my claps

weigh heavier than I do.

So I have collected them

in my hand

as smashed paper money

and keep them

for the last – the death

to revamp its masks,

that will be hole one day,

as my canvases are.

And I’ll ring out forever,

and life will go on to live me

with all my details…

 

TRANSLATED FROM ARMENIAN BY VANUHY ALABEKYAN

 

 

 

2

***

After so much pious,

loveless nights,

I have no idea from which

muscle of time,

but storms are ringing from myself

apparently sweeping away all my

morns, which

remained punched like that

up till now

like the shoes

of a gold medalist student…

 

Interesting:

that much rich, so sonorous,

to which gates

will my evening – one day –

tinkle?

 


 

Yearning

 

The shadow of color

is scaling

the scars of day;

walking the serenity

of an encountered dream…

 

The flower is the secret

of pain;

an introspective smile.

The scion names the sin.

 

Beyond personal bandages

of prayer,

the self-denial of a tree

is as much bright

as warm are the hands

of night.

 

I am freezing… your name.

 

TRANSLATED FROM ARMENIAN BY HAROUT VARTANIAN

 

EDUARD HARENTS

 

EDUARD HARENTS, born in 1981, is a famous poet. He live in Yerevan, Armenia. He has graduated from Yerevan State University, the faculty of Oriental Studies and Cairo University Center of Arabic Language and Culture. Harents is an author of 10 poem collections. He has been published in numerous Armenian and foreign periodicals and anthologies. His poems has been translated into different languages. He is a quintuple prize winner: in 2007, 2009,  2011 and 2013 he was awarded in Best Poetical Series and Best Translation nominations. Young poets first prize by the name of Irina Gyulnazaryan («The best poetry book of the year») for the book «Lethargic Vigilance», Yerevan, 2013. The International literary prize «Pjeter Bogdani» (2015, Kosovo),- prize for Poetry-2015. The International literary prize «Dardanica» (2019, Belgium). Eduard Harents poems were translated into more than 50 languages. Eduard Harents is the most translated Armenian writer of all times. In 2016, his book «The life lives me» was published in Belgium («Jeta jeton më mua»; Bruxelles, “Bogdani” publishing house), and in 2017, his book «Lethargic Vigilance» was published in Spain («Vigilia letárgica»; Barcelona, «Emboscall» publishing house).

 

No comments :

Post a Comment