Friday, October 1, 2021

ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA WITH NILAVRONILL

 

NILAVRONILL TALKING WITH

POET OF THE MONTH

ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA

OCTOBER 2021


NILAVRONILL: Why do literature and poetry in particular interest you so much? Please give us some idea about your own perception of literature or poetry in general.


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: Poetry has shaped my view of the world. When I read, I forget the pain and that the world is broken. Sometimes it is my prayer, a conversation with God. In fact, when we create, we vent our thoughts and emotions.

 

NILAVRONILL: How do you relate your own self existence with your literary life in one hand, and the time around you, in the other.


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: I have no difficulty connecting my life with the literary one. When I create, I close myself to what is currently happening around me. I am united with my inspiration into one existence. When I finish creating, normal life begins. I am a mother, wife, friend.

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you believe creative souls flourish more in turmoil than in peace?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: I can only say how it looks from my perspective. When I suffer, I can write, I actually put this pain on paper and it calms me down. It is not for me to judge others

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you think in this age of information and technology the dimensions of literature have been largely extended beyond our preconceived ideas about literature in general?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: I have a romantic soul, I see the world differently a regular modern man. Poetry is born out of a particular sensitivity and needs to express itself. It all depends also on the time in which the author creates.

 

NILAVRONILL: Now, in this changing scenario we would like to know from your own life experiences as a poet, writer and a creative soul: How do you respond to this present time?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: Although I have been writing for several years, I cannot say whether the present time is more difficult to express emotions. When I was young, lines formed poems themselves and I did not wonder if they were good. Over the years, I started to think more about why and for whom I write.

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you believe that all writers are by and large the product of their nationality? And is this an incentive for or an obstacle against becoming a truly international writer?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: A poet is not a product of nationality. A poet creates with his soul what he writes flows from within him. Anyone who writes well can become an international writer if they wish. You just have to overcome the barriers that sometimes prevent us from fulfilling ourselves.

 

NILAVRONILL: Now, if we try to understand the tradition and modernism, do you think literature can play a pivotal role in it? If so, how? Again, how can an individual writer relate himself or herself to the tradition and to modernism?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: From my point of view, I can say that tradition and the present day do not play a decisive role in literature. Each of us has different conditions for getting to know the world, each one carries a different package of impressions and experiences, both good and bad. It is worth maintaining the tradition, but also you should not close yourself in it.

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you think literary criticism has much to do with the development of a poet and the true understanding of his or her poetry?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: Criticism often hurts poets, especially those who are not sure if what they write is good enough. I have never had any problems with this, because I appreciate constructive comments very much and I am grateful that someone took the time to evaluate what I create. Thanks to people who focused on my texts, I changed the style of writing, but I can also judge other texts better.

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you think society as a whole is the key factor in shaping you up as a poet, or your poetry altogether?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: It wasn't the society that shaped me, but reading books. That felt like relics to me. Reaching for books in the library, ranging from Kochanowski to Mickiewicz, Norwid, Poświatowska or Stachura, in each of them I found something for myself, sometimes I also identified with some characters

 

NILAVRONILL: Do you think people in general actually bother about literature? Do you think this consumerist world is turning the average man away from serious literature?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: Some people care, others don’t. We are different, we have different needs to fulfill ourselves in this world. I can talk about myself. Without literature, my life would be poor. For me, it is a magical world, full of secrets that only a few can discover. I need poetry to breathe freely and live.

 

NILAVRONILL: We would like to know the factors and the peoples who have influenced you immensely in the growing phase of your literary life.


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: First it was my Polish teacher who opened my eyes to the beauty contained in literature. That was in primary school. She sent me books and I read. She helped me understand the world I lived in

 

NILAVRONILL: How would you evaluate your contemporaries and what are your aspirations for or expectation from the younger generation?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: My contemporaries are mature people, shaped by life. It’s not for me to judge them. Young people often escape into virtual world. They are therefore spiritually poor. I am happy when I meet young people with a book in their hands, or who write poems which I can read. Recently, I met a fifteen-year-old girl at a poetry festival, she won first place for a poem. May there be as many of them as possible.

 

NILAVRONILL: Humanity has suffered immensely in the past, and is still suffering around the world. We all know it well. But are you hopeful about our future?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: Humanity has been suffering for as long as the world exists. This cannot be avoided. Moments of happiness are interspersed with pain. I know that it is difficult to accept that fate is not kind to some. Therefore, there is always hope that it can turn around because hope dies last.

 

NILAVRONILL: What role can literature in general play to bring a better day for every human being?


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA: The beauty of literature is that everyone can perceive or interpret it differently. For me, it is the key to another world full of metaphors. Poetry shows a world different than it really is. Better. I perceive it with all my senses. May it be like that for every human being


ALINA ANNA KUBERSKA was born in 1949 in Aleksandrów Łódzki, but she has lived all her adult life in Łódź. She is the mother of two daughters and a son. She has four granddaughters. She made her debut with the book "Angel in the vestibules" published in London. She also had her first soirée there. She is the author of six volumes. She also published two novels and two collections of short stories. Her poems are included in the literary bimonthly" Poetry Today ", Almanacs," White Chronicles "and several dozen Anthologies published in Poland and abroad. She has presented her poetry not only in Poland, but also abroad, including London, Birmingham and Lithuania. She is the vice-president of the Association of Polish Authors, Branch II in Warsaw, a member of the "Sochaczew Literary Evenings - ATUT" Association For several years she ran an international poetry portal. She treats her adventure with poetry as an escape into a better world. Writing gives her not only joy, but also great satisfaction that there is someone who reads poems and finds some of their experiences in them. She loves traveling and photography. She combines these passions, writing travel reports documented with photos. Her motto: "Art does not demand a sacrifice of life - you must love what you do, but you must not be enslaved."

1 comment :

  1. A very interesting interview with Alina Anna Kuberska. Thanks to poetry I was able to meet Mrs. Alina, first on one of the poetry portals virtually, and then during my stay in Poland. Alina's poetry was already noticed then, and she won the highest "golden nib" badge on the aforementioned website. Sincetna - 2006, she has constantly developed her obvious talent, has published her own volumes of poems, as well as her poetry has found a place in many national and foreign anthologies, magazines, TV meetings and others. Alina is a person with a rich interior, very sensitive and open to others. The interview shows how important role literature plays in her life. Alina loves the world, nature, people and animals. Writing is her mainstay, an opportunity to calm down, but also to fight in a difficult period of illness. I am proud that I can be one of her friends, even though we are separated by oceans.

    ReplyDelete