Friday, October 1, 2021

RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA

 



RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA

 

Because You Are There ...

 

Here you are like warm blood

coursing through my veins,

my umpteen body

a river in spate

that flows over its shore!

 

Open me up and

you would see a pool

holding the waters of vices and

virtues galore and in that a lotus in bloom,

my faith in you forever!

 

Hear the lovelorn Lark, 

of the wee hour, how

she cries plaintively in the cold morning air!

 

But tell me Dear is this all

because you are there?


Last Hour

 

I have made this earth of 

your words my home,

not keen to ascend to your heaven of bliss,

and have turned the waste

Into a world by furrowing it

with the tip of my pen.

 

Oh, how blessed this last hour must be!

Between half-dream and half-awakening,

there must be some message,

some truth hidden,

playing out an unknown rhythm in silence!

     

Time moves, its march unhaltable,

so is the story of our love,

it would neither wait nor halt,

          

You would be there my Love,

I too would be there

and between us would remain

the manmade wall impenetrable and high,

separating us forever, as before!

 

Dew

 

Not the hard hail of a roaring storm

 but a tender drop of dew I am!

             

Born with the life a few moments only,

I have built myself for you into an ocean vast,

a drop no more but an ocean of love

without any shore!

 

O' the thousand-rayed One 

I wish only to glitter in a moment's union

with your ray and then go down forever!

 

My immersion into your fiery splendour is

all that I ever asked for,

to lose myself in you was my goal forever!

 

I know no deliverance

but to be the fragrance of your deathless flower!

 

RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA

 

RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA: Born in Odisha, India. She is a teacher by profession and poetry, painting and journalism are her passions. She is a bilingual poet. Her Odia and English poems are translated into many national and international languages and are published in prestigious anthologies, international   ezines and, journals. She is a senator, elected to 'World Union of Poets' and an active member of Unamos al Mundo con la Poesia, Mexico. She loves to devote her time in painting. For her, painting is a mode of creative expression and can communicate souls. She believes artists play an important role in making of the society. Most of her paintings can be found on the cover page of prestigious anthologies, published in different parts of the world.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment