Saturday, April 1, 2023

KUJTIM HAJDAR

 


Have Killed A Bird

 

Have killed a bird in flight,

Because he loved the sky, loved the clouds,

Others birds dropped to grief,

They drowned down on branches and leaves.

 

How much that song killed their souls,

In the open air cut in half,

They eat pain with their teeth,

For the friend that the bullet has killed.

 

Drops of blood redden the sky,

The killed feathers turn into clouds,

The bird smiles at the sun again,

Falling breathless to the ground.

 

 

On the hunter like a cholera,

Feathers and wings fell from the sky,

He curses his hand a thousand times,

And was frightened by the heavy shadow.

 

Nature was silent all around,

Silence covered as in black,

With rifle in his hand he groaned,

Covered in sweat and numbed.

 

The people say he didn't go hunting anymore,

And the rifle remained there, hanging,

He swore in Christ and Allah,

Another bird he would not kill more.

 

 

I Will Come Night

 

I will come at night with the dream on my shoulder,

To disturb sleep, for sure,

I feel it in the longing of your eyes,

In the heartbeat,

These drive, your chest, crazy,

You, do not be afraid, sleep.

 

I'm not a stranger,

You have opened the pages of your heart for me to write.

I am the man of dreams that I come.

The beautiful dreams you see,

Tell me about them, with the fire you hold in your bosom,

Dawns do not open without you, without me, without us…

 

I will come at night for sure,

And the moon will descend slowly, at the window,

I will fill your room with magic.

The Moon, with squinted eyes,

And then will crawl on the tall vine,

It will be amazed, definitely, when It see that beauty.

 

Maybe It will see me with a little bored,

And I will read with pain,

In her eyes, jealous desolation.

If you are shut-eye, do not disturb your repose, sleep,

What you were hesitant to tell me during the day,

Slowly, in the dream, whisper to me.

 

Songs

 

I loved the songs so much,

To the sky, with wings, I them carried,

How the waves rush with noise and foam,

Souls and hearts have conquered.

 

When the spirit at the winter, was cold,

The wind will filled my eyes with tears,

The song was a warm hand,

That had me brought back to the world.

 

Like a ray of light in the dark,

As a hope that keeps you alive,

They gaved me strength and desire,

To defeat and a mountain.

 

Now, a moon is calling to me from above,

And a star catches my eye,

But I still haven't left the songs,

Again for them I become two.

 

If the voice let me one day,

When let the light of my eyes go out,

You will hear that in my soul,

The song will never fade.

 

KUJTIM HAJDARI

 

KUJTIM HAJDARI was born in Hajdaraj on April 10, 1956 in the city of Lushnja in Albania. He completed his university studies in Albanian language and literature in Albania. He worked as a literature teacher in high school. He has been in exile in Italy for years and since 2010 he has also become an Italian citizen. Now live in USA. He has written many volumes of poetry in Albanian and the last in Italian and English. He has participated in many international competitions where he has had several appreciations and awards as: The CUP of the special prize of the "GOLDEN PAGES OF ITALIAN POETRY" 2018. FIRST PRIZE for the diaspora of the Poetry Festival in Albania, 2019. The CUP of prize of the magazine "World poets and their poetry" in Romenia, 2020. FINALIST in 7 places in "Europian Poetry Championship” 2020, etc. Up to now, with his poems he is part of 42 national and international anthologies. His poems have been published in many newspapers in his country and abroad.

 


No comments :

Post a Comment