Thursday, August 1, 2024

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 



Pocket Of The Jacket

 

I visited countless stores,

I will buy a jacket, it must have pockets.

The pocket that my wallet can fit in

must have a hidden zipper.

My cash is in the right pocket

My keys are in the left pocket

A pocket for my cigarette and lighter

Another for my dry and wet wipes

 

Two pens reside in the inner pocket

Of course, a separate pocket for my cell phone

When there's a pocket for navigation, that's fine

I no longer carry a map and compass

 

I need two more pockets for my medications

An all-in-one Swiss army knife pocket

I carry my comb in one pocket, my book in hand

And another pocket for my notebook

 

I also need a pocket for my charger and battery

A pocket for my flash drive, MP3 player, and earphones

I attach my pedometer to my belt

I found a jacket with fifteen pockets

 

They said there aren't any with more pockets, uncle

This one's for the last hunters

There are no hunters left, so we don't stock them anymore

 

I put it on, the size fits perfectly

I left the store satisfied

As I walk, I took off my glasses

Suddenly, my mood drops

The jacket has no pocket to put my glasses...

 

Ceketin cebi

 

Sayısız mağaza gezdim,

Ceket alacağım, cepleri olmalı

Cüzdanımın sığabileceği cep

Gizli fermuarlı olmalı

 

Param sol cepte

Anahtarlarım sağ cepte

Sigaram çakmağım için cep

Kuru ıslak mendilim için ayrı cep

 

İki kalemim iç cebimde durur

Cep telefonum için ayrı cep tabi

Cepte navigasyon olunca neyse

Harita pusula taşımıyorum artık

 

İlaçlarım için iki cebi daha olmalı

Her şey olabilen İsviçre çakım bir cepte

Tarağım bir cepte kitabımı elimde taşırım

Bir cep de not defterim için

 

Şarj cihazımla aküm için de cep lazım

Flush disk mp3 çalar kulaklık girer o cebe

Adımsayarı takarım kemerime

On beş cepli buldum bir ceket

 

Daha çok cepli olanı yok amca dediler

Bu da son avcılar için

Avcı kalmadı getirmiyoruz artık

 

Giydim bedeni boyu tam oldu

Memnun çıktım mağazadan

Yürürken gözlüklerimi çıkardım

Birden keyfim kaçtı

Gözlük koyacak cebi yok ceketin…

 

Choosy

 

She has a fever

I prescribed antibiotics

 

Doctor,

I know that pill Augmentin is too big

Isn't there a smaller one?

 

Uh-uh,

I know that pill too

It's a bit smaller but

It sticks in my throat too

I can't swallow it

And I don't like drinking water anyway

 

Are you a child?

Now you swallow what I prescribed

 

That one?

That one affects me First,

I vomit and then

My whole body swells

Isn't there one that's like a candy?

Like a capsule?

 

You must be swollen from an allergy

Sometimes illness causes vomiting

This medicine has such side effects

I've never heard of it

 

Anyway!

I'll write a prescription for an injection then

 

Isn't an injection better than a pill?

Right, doctor? ...

 

But The injection you prescribed

It stings a lot

If I could have that one

And it's smaller too

 

Alright then

I'll write what you want to try

 

Doctor, is there one

A size smaller and

White in color?

 

Müşkülpesent

 

Ateşi var

Antibiyotik yazdım

 

Hocam

O hapı biliyorum

Agumentin çok büyük

Bir küçüğü yok mu?

 

O hapı da biliyorum

Biraz daha küçük ama

Boğazıma takılıyor

Yutamıyorum

Ve zaten su içmeyi sevmiyorum

 

Çocuk musun sen?

Şimdi bu yazdığımı yutarsın

 

O mu?

O dokunuyor bana

Önce kusuyorum sonra

Kabarıyor her yerim

 

Bonibon gibi olanı yok mu?

Kapsül mü yani?

 

Allerjiden kabarmışsındır

Kusturur da bazen hastalık

Bu ilaçta böyle yan etki

Ben hiç duymadım

 

Neyse!

İğne yazıyorum o zaman

 

İğne daha iyi haptan

Değil mi hocam?

 

Ama

Yazdığınız o iğne

Çok yakıyor

Şu iğneyi olsam

Hem daha küçük

 

Peki tamam

İstediğini yazıyorum bak

 

Hocam onun

Bir boy küçüğü ve

Beyaz renkte olanı yok mu?

 

Or Else

 

Will you bury me under the sun?

Is there no tree left

to plant next to my grave?

 

Or will you bury me

in a pit filled with mud

from yesterday's rain?

 

After prayer,

Are you going to pour water on me

with a plastic bottle and leave immediately?

You're not going to plant flowers, are you?

Aren’t you going to cry?

 

I know you won't wave goodbye

You won't even look back.

Even before leaving the cemetery

Will you forget me soon?

 

You are right

You all always have urgent things to do...

 

Yoksa

 

Beni güneşin altına mı gömeceksiniz?

Mezarımın başına  dikilecek ağaç kalmadı mı?

Yoksa, dünkü yağmurda

Çamur dolan bu çukura mı gömeceksiniz?

 

Namazdan sonra,

Üzerime plastik şişeyle su döküp hemen mi gideceksiniz?

Ağlamayacak mısınız?

Çiçek de dikmeyeceksiniz, değil mi?

 

El sallamayacağınızı biliyorum.

Arkanıza bile bakmayacaksınız

Mezarlıktan ayrılmadan daha

Beni hemen unutacak mısınız?

 

Haklısınız

Her zaman yapılacak acil işleriniz vardır hepinizin...

 

BARBAROS İRDELMEN

 

Dr. Barbaros İrdelmen: Born in 1952, he has been living in Istanbul for 48 years, active in his profession. His selected poems have been translated into English, Greek and Spanish in national and international anthologies, poetry festivals and selection books. He is a member of the Poetry Columnist of the Literature Magazine, the Editorial Board of the Kirpi Literature and Think Journal, the Research and Publication Board of the Papirus Journal, and the Writers' Union of Turkey. Along with the author's seven published poetry books, sixteen e-Book Poetry books are available on Google books. 

 

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment