Friday, January 1, 2016

CHRYSSA VELISSARIOU

Chryssa velissariou


FAITH KILLS THE DREAM

I do not like clichés
But today they hurt me
The city of Light
All of a sudden became
a city of Darkness
People try to convince
as superstitious Beasts
Love, Compassion and Peace
had incentive
to be converted into utopias
Faith kills the Dream
and commits Suicide
Life seems survival
rather than beautiful
Earth seems an eternal
bloody Slaughterhouse
I cannot irrigate
my soul’s garden
when today
I face the world
as a boundless desert
and my sorrow looks like
a fancy dress à la mode
which has been worn by many




MER ÉGÉE - PARIS 1-1

Drowned at sea
Dismembered ashore
Did you understand
The Evil you exactly are,
Human Being,
so you commit suicide?

No use ...

The hypocrites
found a hideout already
They will survive...
You leave Them behind

You just serve Them



In this poem I comment about the suicidal attacks in Paris ... I am so disappointed with human race. So many hunted people drowning in Aegean Sea, so many people killed ashore from terrorists just for bias and illusions and for the sake of arms dealers
This kind of cruelty and stupidity will always make me pessimist... and furious




IT'S CHRISTMAS! TAKE A LOOK!

It's Christmas Perhaps I should
say something for this festive season
but I look around
and I see what ? What to hope for?
C'mon, you, tell me
what do you think I will come out?
Worth to decorate it with lyrics?

Yes, I know, I know
My thought must be positive
I have family and I'm still young
my life remains healthy, I’ve got a job and a spouse
But in what I demand life to be
should my Ego weigh the most?

Listen to me! Count! I see:
Blood, hatred, coldness
wars, intolerance
and glamorous living
I see the stupid ones to kill themselves
for money
and children to die in the streets
like abandoned dogs

I see the marvelous psychosoma
and spirit to attract the attention
of almost nobody
I see poets feel pain
only because of their “great love”
although people go hungry
around them
It seems that their
only concern is
their own future death
and pleasure

I see on the one side the
bright "sinners"
and on the other, opposite to them, moralists
continuously and evilly
to shake their finger to
the "inferiors"
and make charity
only to those who reside in their henhouse

Oh, I see, I see
Numbness my ass
sitting down for so long
and looking around
and judging supposedly
lest I dare
to get my nose
outside sureness!
Perhaps my little neat life
could be troubled if I dare to do something
perhaps I would suffer too
perhaps I would be fucked up
perhaps the little
I gained for myself
would be in danger
So I pretend that
supposedly I could do nothing alone
and perhaps I should wait Jesus
to make one more miracle about all this...

Chryssa Velissariou

NOTE FROM THE EDITORIAL DESK
WE ARE EXTREMELY SORRY NOT TO INCLUDE THESE POEMS IN THE SPECIAL EDITION “POETRY FOR PEACE”
WE REGRETS THIS GROSS MISTAKE

No comments :

Post a Comment