Friday, January 1, 2016

POETESS BROOKE DYLAN


POETESS
BROOKE DYLAN

SMILE OF YESTERDAY

Memories are never ending
A time of hope and loss
We drop our hearts and souls within
These memories, these memories of yesterdays~

As my hand touched the handle;
I had the urge to pull away…
You crashed into my life~

The time of distinction came and went
To hear the sound of rapid breath, gently in my ear
I closed my eyes to the gentle touch, softly look toward your form.
Never truly knowing, what could have been~

To only get a clear picture, of a shaking voice, to know the love of you
To hear the loftiness of your voice, whispering in my ear~

“I have missed you so very long my lovely. Let me love your pain away.”

Those days of old will be no more I believe in you and me for so long~

It’s been forty-one years now
You loved me and took me so many times
Holding me in the time of forever
I felt your touch against my shoulder, your lips to my kiss
My tears to your soul~

The pleading starts, ‘please don’t leave.’
The reality of you gone was so very wrong~



Darkness of my soul comes, and tears of falling rain
The need to wrap my limbs around the touch of yours
You are the one that melts beneath me, in my mind’s eye~

My smile of yesterday are gone now and the pain of love not to last
Only a picture remains of our love, the memories of endless time
Coming awake to the summer, then winter, spring and fall~

Years and years of melted pain never really knowing
Then one day I find you with a life of your own
Just to touch your face with my fingertip~

A forbidden love that is now I guess.
Softly it will come to be,
I pray, the long lost love of yesterday~

Your rhythm is another for her to know
The year has come and gone that pain that I have felt
No more whispers in my ear, no more love torn words~

I will sit in this room, living in the past
No more heartbeat will I hear, only of pain that lasts
If I have regrets or feel inadequate. Or blindness for apology~

To regret that my smile of yesterday was not born today
To believe in second chances, to believe in you
Our love affair so many so new
To kiss the kiss of yesterday, to hold a hold of today~

My existence comes from you I say,
Below the colored lights did not pass the test~



Sweet songs come from loving you and you would sing it sweetly,
You gave me you and you asked for nothing.
How it must feel to light the world, as you walk safely~

My weeping never stops as I hold you in the darkness of the moon.
In my mind’s eye there you are the torn love that is worn again
Let me fall asleep in side of your touch, through all storms~

As I sit in silence:

“Always the smile will be of yesterday and tomorrow has come and gone.”



HOW LOST I FEEL

I take my dreams
My many nightmares
My triumphs
And I am defeated~~

To memorize my wonders of it all
Or my confusion as I fall
And always my greatest loves
Plus my tragic heartbreaks that make me want to die~~

I mix them all together
And I find my most wanting of all time
To love the most unloved
The unwanted or even the lost~~

To see the happiness or the sadness
Or the will of God
Do I really know?
To feel the loss of how I feel~~

Tears of my soul are gone
And the joys are here to stay
To see HIS face is all I ask
To let HIM know How lost I feel~~

So my tragedies are gone or here to stay
My loves are lost to me this day
My dearest Lord I give you all~~

My longest fears and worst dreams
My trembling heart so broken into
And let you know How lost I feel~~

We dream, we have nightmares. We laugh, we cry and sometimes we just want to die...because our problems seem too big to swallow. Life brings us sometimes lots of hope and sometimes no hope we think. But somehow we go on...we look to our God...and we shout with joy...and we cry tears of rain. But one day we will find ourselves in front of our Lord...and we will know then no more pain...this poem reflects my heart.



LONG LOST SONG

It wasn't so long ago
the day you gazed into my soul
walking in love among the stars
the love we possess that fills our stories
to the brim
yet somehow our tomorrows bloom from there
when our past and future struggle for control
where our arms of patience yearn for comfort
and kisses gently soften our flare~

When our eyes turned to the sky
we saw our life that others only dreamed
walking among the mountain of plains
stretching for victory till tears of sorrow took it away~

Then came the day when jealousy did part
would take his blade and tear our hearts
each night incites an empty shell to wait
for streams of dreams would sweetly start
memories of the long lost song~

Something of a chill filed the air
Turning our minds around
a pounding from the heart
which swallowed the sound~

The shadow glass was flying to and fro
memories moving like falling stars
the long lost song
could be no more~




Poetess Brooke Dylan
Deborah Brooks Langford
@ December 20, 2015








3 comments :

  1. Wow. This is quite a Hall of Poetry. I'm a newbie. I've never visited anything quite like it. I'm going to have to spend some time here. Thanks for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely way to showcase so many talented artists...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed all three masterpieces and felt them in my bones! Please post more!

    ReplyDelete