Friday, January 1, 2016

MICHAEL MILLER


MICHAEL MILLER

Essence of Love

As I bow in heartfelt genuflection

to think upon the Greeks

who divined four words

for Love and it's reflection



Agape is the highest form divine

with selfless care for those who are mine

It's fruit is known by what I do

and building all the parts of you



phileo is brotherly affection

the natural friendship and it's connection

storge the love that resides in family

within instinct and it's propensity



Eros seems to be most appreciated

never have I found it one who's hated

Two sides to Eros have manifested

both sides has mankind ever tested



Lust and the table of the self

or love of mate and pleasure in it's wealth

All of us has been given this in measure

the dispensing of it can give us pleasure



But rapture is contained when all four live

when we with complete heart choose to give

all of us the truth within resisted

but knowledge of it ever has persisted



to teach us which we are to exercise

the breath of spirit which within us lies

will direct upon us our course and path

and when we pass love is our epitaph



1John 4:7-12


------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNDESERVED KINDNESS

How tenderly you cared for me
when you found me broken on the road
did lift me up gave me your own cup
removed from me my heavy load

You dressed my wounds with healing balm
every injury you sought repair
I do not think I’d be alive today
without your love and finest care

You took me in to your own home
every hurt did you seek to ease
a lifetime of their damage done
the bruise and cuts of the abusive

All the words that struck like whips
not a place on me untouched
I cower and cringe like an animal
back against the wall I’ve clutched

When I cried you sat by my side
gently held me in your embrace
your patience here coaxed my fear
till I could look you in the face

I would follow you where ‘ere you go
just to hear the kindness of your voice
where you live I will make my home
there to learn your ways my choice

To lay in pain was deaths refrain
but instilled a desire to life
but promised me that I would see
a world where lived no strife

So in my mind I’m no longer blind
you will achieve this reality
for I know if I live like you
a life in paradise will be

For all the wrong you sought to heal
for within the joy of heart I feel
I cried when I saw a body malformed
the ridicule of the mean those they scorned

You were hard of hearing could barely see
but the schoolyard kids laughed heartily
so many places for lessons to learn
but only yourself was your concern

It was long ago I left you behind
to pursue and learn the gentle mind
no interest have I to follow the crowd
of the livin’ large and out loud


Luke 10:
30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’
36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”



----------------------------------------------------------------------



ENDURING PROMISE

You are tender

and heart

does easy bruise

kind and thoughtful

unlike those

who easy use

with understanding

overlooking

frailties

and have provided

promises

which ever please

how gently

you embraced me

and with your mantle

draped

took me in and knew me

where your love

in me was shaped

left me with your token

a seal set

upon my heart

it bespeaks your promise

in loyalty ne’er

to depart



Heb 6:16-20

Copyright
©C. Michael Miller

Via Duboff Law Group Llc

No comments :

Post a Comment