Tuesday, March 1, 2016

ANNA BURGESS




ANNA BURGESS

13 HOURS AND 15,000 MILES

The flowing water of oceans;
stretches of satin blue;
only where ships have sailed;
divide me and you.
Upon a star I wish;
to snip the satin blue;
and make a path worth walking;
So I can be with you.




FADING STAR

When I first saw the glint in your eyes
I knew then that I loved you
but I am just a fading star
and you, my spy glass view
I wait in the shadows
and breathe the morning frost
ever waiting for your love
but remaining ever lost
Will you ever hear me calling?
As I spy amongst the shadows
praying that you see me
like the beauty in a rose
Will you turn your head towards me?
Catch me where I stand?
Look at me with different eyes?
And hold out your hand?
Or am I just a fading star?
never within your reach
never to be noticed
Your love is what I beseech




CHORUS FROM AN OAK TREE

A chorus from an oak tree
Echoes of a symphonic song
such sounds so pure and heavenly
as night time turns to dawn
Blissful notes of nature
plays earths tranquil tune
feathered friends together
singing natures sweetest croon
I walk amongst the moss and fauna
and my heart swells within
I venture ever forward
waiting for a new day to begin

ANNA BURGESS

1 comment :

  1. Hi Anna.. so good to see you here on Our Poetry Archives... You are amazing..

    ReplyDelete