Tuesday, March 1, 2016

SILAS OLA ABAYOMI


SILAS OLA
ABAYOMI

THE EAGLE IN ME

Up in sky I stay
away from danger below,
from lofty height I stand
to watch affairs of sons of
man;
far and clear sight,
I possess to warn and to hunt.

Swift and powerful are
my legs,
so stable to lift my body,
so strong to bear
additional loads.

Wisdom and knowledge,
progressively, I have acquired,
old age crown-grey hair-
I have now,
valuable more than money,
desirable more than gold;
wealth that keeps me alive.

My talons-yes, my tools
I put to work every day,
tools that give me
daily bread.

My wings-
oh! My arms make me
soar beyond every expectation,
with my arms, hands, and fingers,
my skills have become a public
knowledge.



Hidden mental abilities,
my dexterous hands have
discovered and advertised,
inborn power-of-creativity
in me,
my wonderful hands
have revealed.

Faithfulness and fidelity-
I have shown to my mate, or
spouse of decades;
truthfulness and constancy-
guiding principles in my
relations with others.

I shall fly and soar
high again,
neither shall I flounder
nor founder,
I shall stand on pinnacle
atop mountain,
rock crest, tip-top, and
never shall I tumble.

I shall stretch my wings to
four corners of the earth,
my wingspan or arms shall
cover the earth;
my wing beats shall take me
through the expanse of
lands, oceans and seas,
my adroit shall be my bedrock.

Once again: “never shall I fall,”
because of Eagle in ME.

SILAS OLA ABAYOMI



No comments :

Post a Comment