Tuesday, March 1, 2016

ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI


ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI


SPRING IS COMING

Nature woke up and got dressed
its familiar colours,
air transports myriads scents,
fragrances of the flowers’
sun is playing on the earth.
Everywhere is the wisdom of God
and people fall silent.




SPRING

Looking at the trees
dressed their new foliage,
with hope I wondered:
– Ah, Spring,
when you will come
for me?
And my soul was covered
with flowers.



LOVE

You came in my life and brought
a breath of spring air.
Pictures of nature’s rebirth
after a severe winter.
Yellow the bushes on the roads’ sides
full of flowers
the oleanders and the lilacs…
“Together” you told me from now on
“we’ll cope with the hot summers,
the grey autumns,
the wild winters
and the vivifying springs
of our life. Together.”
Your look a real promise’s sing.
Firmly, your hand held mine.
A word came out, at the same time,
from our lips: “Let’s go».

ZACHAROULA GAITANAKI
GREECE

4 comments :

  1. Poems by Zacharoula Gaitanaki from Greece are so beautiful like
    the Spring and Love. I don't know more about her poetry work - I also read her poems in OPA (February)- but I think that Mrs. Zacharoula Gaitanaki is a very good international poetess. A promising voice and a personality of worldwide reputation in the Literature, especially in Poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL POEMS. MY CONGRATULATIONS. ANTONIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. A WARM WELCOME TO SPRING. I LIKE IT! ELENI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her poems are simple but srong. I like her poetry. Nickolas

    ReplyDelete