Tuesday, March 1, 2016

CAROLINE HARTLEY


CAROLINE HARTLEY


GRIPS OF THE GRASP
Day 47 19.01.16

I walk through the door
question the space just graced with my presence.
A resemblance to something pure cascades like a waterfall
I call out feeling suddenly small
enthralled by the magic.
I shout
until I can shout no more
hoarse.
Drawn from the anxious stability
a moment of clarity settles deep within me.
I see as I awaken from this dream
the obscene obscenities obscuring reality.
facsimiles of families enamoured by ideology
and I think for myself at last
released from the grips of the grasp.





IF THE CAP FITS
Day 61 03.02.16

You spawn your lies
for your spawn
ensure that our minds
are yours
pawn our lives
for the cause.
War
the force
raw deals for the poor.
Tortured souls are ignored
repeatedly
cheated of any dignity
skilfully.
Wilfully ignorant
your defence is malignant
a plague on all that is pure
surely you cant ignore
the Universal law
hear it roar.





SONNET FOR SENSE
Day 68 10.02.16

As billow buss upon a land of drought
thou comest beauty bedecked in pure truth
flames of barbarity burn with sins tout
canst thou emancipate oh gentle sooth.

Hie Mother Earth we beseech thee behold
shorn and bamboozled darbies confine
Universal powers unite as a whole
balancing karma solution divine.

But maugre symptom and testament plea
methinks swink and dogma demoralized
corrupt maladour of venality
Aye bedlam community colonized.

Hark awaken whosoever soothfast
puissant verity overthrows broadcasts.

CAROLINE HARTLEY

1 comment :

  1. To see more of my year of rhyme follow the link and like please
    https://www.facebook.com/Caroline-Hartley-166432870111720/?ref=hl

    ReplyDelete