Tuesday, March 1, 2016

WHITNEY RIX VICTORY II


WHITNEY RIX VICTORY II



WORDS

There are words that I've said to you,
And now there's wounds that we must heal,
And there's a feeling that is so blue,
From being crushed under the wheel.

Chorus:
And there are words that we say in vain,
And there are words that let out our pain!
There are words that cause pain to begin,
So do our words feel like pain or sin?

A million broken dreams held within,
The words you let out and those kept in.
With so much hurt, where do I begin?
Say words with love and then let them in!

There are words that I've said to you,
And now there's wounds that we must heal,
And there's a feeling that is so blue,
From being crushed under the wheel.

(Chorus)

There are words that cause our dreams to fly,
And there's words that promise the blue sky,
Let's speak the words that cause dreams to fly,
Speak the words that are stars in the sky!

(Chorus)

Bite my tongue when I in anger speak,
Pick me up, when I am feeling weak,
Lord put the words of love on my tongue,
And consider those I speak among!

Refrain:
It's only words that we have to speak,
Spirit's willing, but the flesh is so weak.
It's only words that we have to speak,
Spirit's willing, but the flesh is so weak.




A MILLION STORIES

It moves like a Weegee flipbook,
Depicting in stark black and white
The harsh reality of the city streets.
Wonderfully illustrative, yet soaked
In the grit and grime of the streets.
A smoky, dingy bar beneath the skyline,
The inner workings no chamber of commerce would mention.
A million stories will unfold upon this seedy, heady stage

You go where you dare not look,
Linger not in this steamy night,
The city's carnage on the crime beats,
The heady cologne, the engines stroked,
Young ones gather on darkest streets.
The nightly affair in knows no deadline,
The tender passions and the most lurid and carnal intention.
A million stories will unfold of this the coming of age.

A million stories live and dwell,
And so many we will never tell.
The coming of age and then the passing on,
The passionate rage engulfs 'fore the dawn,
The sidewalks will fill and bristle,
Factories hum before the whistle.
The rays of the the sun will light upon,
The darkest corners and curtains drawn.

And when the night so dark creeps around,
Stealing the day's light without a sound,
Upon the city streets will hum differently,
The buzz a din of strange cacophony,
A million stories come alive,
The seamy side does revive,
The passions seethe and rage,
A million stories, a golden age.




UPON A STAR

V1/ And I often think about you,
And you know just who you are.
If I could write upon the Heavens,
I'd write your name upon a star.

Ch/ You don't think you're beautiful,
But you're more beautiful by far.
You make my dreams so beautiful,
I dream that I can touch your star.

You are timeless and beautiful,
You live forever in my heart.
You've made my world so beautiful,
And it's been that way from the start.

V2/ I was waiting for a miracle,
When you walked right through that door.
Yeah, just waiting for a miracle,
And now I've got all that and more.
V3/ And maybe you are wondering,
If my words they are sincere.
Baby stop all your pondering,
Just come and let me hold you near.
WHITNEY RIX
VICTORY II

No comments :

Post a Comment