Monday, August 1, 2022

XANTHI HONDROU-HILL

 


My Home

 

my home,

my home is not a castle

It's a cage

 

My home is not a bond

but an outcast

 

My house has no fence

It has barriers and prohibitions

 

My house has nothing else to give

but love.

 

Delusion Of HOME

 

I

 

Our oppositions are petrified

They have become tombs

with the pictures and names of beloved parents

 

I recall in court our common past

I'm erasing the future

You were neither at the memorial,

nor were you at the dance

My brother

 

 

II

 

Acceptance of inheritance

Our oppositions

write lawyers

Adding markers and remarks

that look very much like zeros

behind the value

of our HOME

and our ruined heritage

 

XANTHI HONDROU-HILL

 

Xanthi Hondrou-Hill is an award-winning Greek poetess who gained international recognition lately. She is writing poetry since high school and her poems have been published in many international prestigious media and anthologies around the world. She has won in 2022 the first prize at the Gandhian Global Harmony Association and many awards in China, Ukraine, Phillipines and Equador. She is cultural Ambassador for NAMASTE magazine in India and editor for poetry columns at www.faretra.info in Greece and HUMANITY in Russia, co-editor for the international poetry magazine in China.  Selections of her poetry have been translated into Arabic, Chinese,  French, German, Greek, Italian, Portugiese, Russian, Spanish, Slavic as well as in two Languages of India: Hindi and Bengali.


No comments :

Post a Comment