Monday, August 1, 2022

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

 

Oh My Parent’s Home!

 

Oh my parent’s home, how you became silent

When Your loved ones and cherished ones are absent from you

 

You had memories, stories and secrets

And a place for childhood and dreams

 

Oh my parent’s home how I yearn for you

The days and the nights are gloomy without you

 

You are a token for the loved ones

A symbol of loyalty, love and joy

 

Take it easy with my heart when your memories touch it,

Because you were my companion, and the longing has stirred my heart

 

What makes a person happy but his loved ones?

And how precious the home can be if the loved ones are gone!

 

May God nurture your ruins and your ravines

Life perishes, but your memory remains

 

A peaceful greeting to our home

And to my family and friends

 

Ask It...Oh Night!!

 

O night! Ask that house in wich i grew up

About my laughters, my features and my childhood

Ask him about that vine

The mulberry tree and the trickling water

The grapevine tree

And about a courtyard that brings loved ones together

And a fireplace that we gathered around in the evenings

O Night!

That is my home

The home of my mother and my father

The home of love, tenderness and safety

Since i left it, my situation has changed

And my heart became like a withered book

Ask it.. O night about the loved ones!!

About the fragrance of Jasmine and the smell of barbecue

About my father’s laugh and my brother’s smile

About my grandmother’s stories

And about shadows still crossing my mind

Ask it.. O night does he yearn like I do?

I wrestle with patience, hoping perhaps one day, I will return to it..,

 

Oh Homes!!

 

Those homes have memories in the heart

I miss her like a bird, longs for its nest

Houses were deserted

And their features disappeared

And silence and gloom fell upon them

They said:

Tomorrow she will return to her sunrise

How can that be when its people and residents are absent from it?

Parting crying has become our habit

O homes, if you knew how much we longed for you!?

We have nothing in our hearts but the pulse of prayers

That we will return one day

And lives in it with dignity and happiness

 

TAGHRID BOU MERHI

TAGHRID BOU MERHI: Lebanese Poetess, Writer, Translator. Árabic teacher for non-native speakers. Living in Brazil. Holds a Law Degree. Development Trainer at Sawa Association for Development. Ambassador of the team “International Cultural Salon Association”. Member of prestigious platform Of WWWU World Nations Writers’ Union Kazakhstan. She won the Nizar Sartawi International Translator Award for Creativity 2021 in the field of translation and literature. She received the awardees of Sahitya Pata Kazi Nazrul Islam Birth Anniversary. Team Member: Translators Without Borders. Editor of AL-ARABE TODAY and RAINBOW Magazine and Revista Literária Agareed and Allaylak. Fluent in Arabic (native language), French, English, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish. She has written five books and her poems have been published in numerous international anthologies. She hás translated 8 books. Published in various Literary magazines, journals, anthologies and websites. Her poems have been translated into more than 24 languages.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment