Sunday, April 1, 2018

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON



ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

FATE'S RIGID WAYS

Love flew over me, looking, seemingly for me

But, since I was in the shadows of my own agony,

It failed to see me

And went on its way

Hoping to find me

In someone else!


I came out of my shadows,

Cried out loud

Shouted for Love to come back

But the wind howled louder than my voice

The rain pelted alongside

And the thunder growled

Compelling me to hide back into the shadows,

Teary and sad!


I just knew that Love had to come back

I just knew that I had to make some effort too

But since the pain of my own agony was so strong

So strong that it weakened me

I had no option other than sit in my shadows

And be, as stony as a corpse!


But then, a spider pitying me,

Chose to weave a web

Till it reached Love,

Love, totally immersed in the joys of living

Love, totally engrossed in Earth's pleasures

Love, who upon seeing the spider,

Just crushed it with his boot!


Pray, the pain of it dying echoed in my heart

I felt that I had lost my soul

When I just decided to walk on the spider's web

To reach Love;

Who upon seeing me,

Awoke from his slumber

And cried,

As we fell in each other's arms,

Amazed, at the ways Fate imposes itself,

Bidding us, fallen souls,

To be obedient and submissive to its will

As it acts only according to its own time frame!




ABIDANCE!

If the skies have decided that such should be

Why would you even try to fight against it?

You shall be like an ant

Facing the gales of a typhoon!


Rather, learn to let it digest in you

Learn to let it overwhelm you

Learn to let yourself drown in its essence

Pray, someday,

You shall come to know why it had to be such!


Someday, you shall open your eyes

And realize that you had been sleeping all this while

That over your eyes

Was placed a virtual reality playing device

And that you had merely been subjected to tests!


Pray, the skies merely wish to see you abide,

By being humble, by being nice, pure,

Tolerant and honest

The skies merely wish to see you with your genuine side,

Acknowledging their power

And your sins!


Why, by keeping your palms open

By accepting that which they thrust upon you

You shall appease the grudge they hold over you

And you might feel yourself, someday,

Totally immersed in a sort of psychedelic bliss

That you never knew your Existence could be made of!





MIRROR, MIRROR!


Mirror, mirror, tell me,

Am I the fairest of them all?


No, no you are not,

You never were

And you never will be!



Mirror, mirror, tell me,

If I am not the fairest

How will I attract love?



Love, when held prisoner by bodily beauty

Gets lost and turns into vapor soon enough

Love, when held bounded by bodily beauty

Is false and not even deemed as being given a worth!


Love is seeing deep into the each other's soul

And wanting to place a kiss there where it is most porous

Love is seeing the bad habits, the dark side, the blemishes,

The seething monster, the freak,

And wanting to appease it all with a caress of the hand!



Mirror, mirror,

You push me to dream

Is Love of this type?

Is it even existent?



Do you wish to find it?



Yes, Mirror, pray, yes I do

Such love, mirror, shall continue

In the after life

As,  I am sure, God himself

Would be appreciative of such!


Then put me to sleep

Stop being bothered about who is the fairest

Open the windows of your soul

And allow life and its goodness to immerse you in their essence

Love shall then flow to you

As if it were a raging tsunami!

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON


ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, In Between Hangovers Press, WISH Press, Tuck’s Magazine, Blue Mountain Review, among others.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in two anthologies for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests


No comments :

Post a Comment