Sunday, April 1, 2018

MICHAEL LEE JOHNSON



MICHAEL LEE JOHNSON

LEONARD COHEN MY FRIEND (V2)

Death is a bitch and a whore

comes with hat on or off,

Jewish, Christian or lover years ago called Nancy.

Death is a passport, a left behind baggage note.

My leverage sinks, I see you pass human.

These my fears, your fright, being broke, old-royalties stole Suzanne.

Now branches, extended limbs, point outward nowhere-

doors Montreal collapse tomb, dance with me,

end perfume love, a few dead flowers.





RESTLESS HAWK (V2)

The angels of wings are always in flight

be the devil or archangel Michael.

I'm a hawk, I'm a night owl night

barroom flights, fighter,

seeing eyes that eye me contact,

not blind, a rhythm of sensuality.

I take my shower, deep breath,

scrub good off my skin, breath

in the single night, air alone.

These shadows highway unknown

Jesus crosses my night path

Jesus crosses my sky early morn

with a paintbrush, a rainbow

and a promise when

I wake a new dream begins.

Single life is a barroom bitch.






LORIE

Lorie, you want to see me clearly

through this joy of my naked body

avoiding the sweat of my emotions,

just breathing on my neck

rubbing this baseline of my groin-

will not find us here again.

Go away, leave me thinking

louder than your breath-

body moves quietly

in a lazy sway of indifference.





CLASSIC 70'S CHICK (V2)

Classic 70's chick

scent of these times

gold digger want to be.

Poet & scholar stuck on

T.S. Eliot “The Waste Land.”

She tracks down a few stray men,

prospect hunks, & greenback dreams.

Her long legs stretched out

beneath this dinette table, these

high wooden heels hang out

@ Dusty, Dingy Bar & Grill.

She's drenched-Charlie by Revlon 1973,

high hopes 4 sugar daddies,

fragile body, insecure but lean.

She wears that hot apple, sex red, jumpsuit.

That yellow bandana hangs

around her neck lowered downtown

below her bosom with a grin.

Her head stuff, insulated with cotton candy dreams

cramped in a Chinese fortune cookie aphorism.

G-String strung up itching @ her buttocks

positioned in spot her world for a change.

In action verbs flow,

this dance, these melodies,

Walt Disney world,

her magic pen, her ink that flows.





SASKATCHEWAN SKY

Saskatchewan

sky,

just a preview of love,

chip off

an edge of

prairie

chip an edge off

winter-

and opening

multiple eyes

toward spring.

They-lovers, find themselves

near evening bush fire-

great seal fish and open lake,

cuddle together-

so wonderful there-

where she comes from,

where did she go to

from here.


MICHAEL LEE JOHNSON



No comments :

Post a Comment