Friday, November 1, 2019

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ




ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ

In The Sheets
Of Your Breath

I give you the affable
Tenderness of my lips;
Leafless corollas
In the cold dawn
Of your moans.

Let your kiss cling to my belly
Over the oscillation of notes,
The gentle melody
Perspiring through your skin.

Let my essence
Be your forest clearing,
Exempting swallows
In incandescent delight.

In the inscrutable dream of my bed,
Coastlines of your element,
I wait for the wrecked return.
Kissing the boundaries of the sky
Extending far beyond the sunset.

Take your exhausted lips
Until your wet sights
Are extinct
In my white delusions.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.






Moon Chant

A gust of wind and rumors
Hue harmonic perfumes,
Vetiver, coriander, kahve and saffron,
Crumbling the twilight dust.
Silence singing words
Bursting up
Depths of the sky.

My body invokes you
Under the Ankara fresh rain,
Fertile crescent
The spell of my lips;
Liquid light
Of shooting stars.
Horizontal waves
Moistens my edges
In the steppe plains
Of your gardens.

Even the moon is singing
Although no one notices it!

Dressed up in rainfalls
And kissing roots,
Sound waterfalls
Polishing stones
Upon your rivers’ wings.
Holding hands,
Piercing idyllic forests,
Dates and prunes
Are seeded wild,
Like impregnated
Fire water drops
On the green breeze
Of your gaze.

Undamaged yearnings
Rummage
the absence or presence
Of your breath.
Fragrant essence
Evokes the moss dance
In Turkish oak timbers.

Chimerical magma
Rises and falls,
The ottoman honeysuckle
Of your luminous pores
Opened up
To the furtive wrap
Of my nights.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.







Baklava And Honey

Distant contiguous strokes
Set up the prayers of Anatolia.
Eclectic fragrant spices
Clove, sumac, vanilla and cinnamon
Overflowing cornices.
Gold, silver, apple tea,
Water pipes, almonds and kapuz
Songs of your lineage!

Indigo horizons
Melt the earth
Of mud and jade
In baklava and honey;
Musical odors surround
Nocturnal savannas
In the edge of the days.

Bare fingers
On red-berried mistletoe and oaks
Require the transcending kiss,
Reaching the limits of touch
Bluish declining
Of our belongings.


As affable Sultan
Dressed up with Habiye silk.
Transcribe my dreams
With watercolors of straight lines
To drown the sun within,
In the bowl of my palms.
© Alicia Minjarez Ramírez

TRANSLATED BY: ALARIC GUTIÉRREZ.

ALICIA MINJAREZ RAMÍREZ


No comments :

Post a Comment