Friday, November 1, 2019

SARALA BALACHANDRAN


SARALA 
BALACHANDRAN

Come September ....

Good bye August
See you next year
With cooler air around
Filling our lungs !
Welcome sweet September
Stay for longer
With rains and swift breeze
Roads flooded and rickshawpullers
struggling to carry passengers
but with hopes in their hearts
for more money in their wallets!
They are the lifeline in my city
of Kolkata, helping you get anywhere
far or near !
Flowers in bloom
In my heart's garden
God colours them
With His magical colours
Oh! September !
You are so sweet n cool
Kissing my body bare
With sweet fragrance
Of love in the air !
Stay a little more
But you can't go beyond
Thirty days I know
Which will move faster in the flick
of a second !
The puja merriment in the air
All going shopping for new clothes
Roads crowded and pollution
on the rise, people enjoying
street food to satiate their
taste buds, swallowing antibiotics
to avoid any tummy upsets !

©® Sarala Balachandran






Touch My Soul

Touch my soul if you can
Floating through the fragrant flowers
of heavenly bliss
above the white and blue clouds
I am as happy as I could be
Singing and dancing
With the other lovely souls
You can't touch me I know
As you are just human like I was
before I left my mortal body
His silence was divine when I met Him
at the last hours on earth and blessed me with his holy hymns upon my heart
I am a divine soul now
As I did good deeds many
While on my short sojourn on earth !
Fed and clothed the poor n needy
Comforted the lonely n aged
God called me to His kingdom
To be His favourite
And let me free in His own time
He placed me tenderly
Among the fragrant blossoms
In heaven
Can you touch my divine soul
Try it once atleast
I am wailing for you eagerly
With a bunch of fresh flowers
Just plucked from my heart's garden
Come and touch my soul
Come and feel my love
So pure and innocent
You are in me
And
I am in you
I know this for sure!
Come and touch my soul
This divine soul waiting for years !









The Twilight Glow.

I met you in the twilight glow
You were glowing like a star in the sky
I extended my arms for you
To hold you close
But you shyed away like the coy moon
I ran after you like a mad man in love
As from the time I met you
My heart I hypothecated to you
With reverence and love
I called you many a time
But you shied away again
I will live a hundred years
To make you mine
I will not gift you precious stones
But my loving heart
Which craves for you alone!
You are a drama queen i know
From the way you looked at me
A piercing arrow
Struck my weak heart
I fell for you
Then and there!
Stars may fade away
Moon may wane
Sun may not shine
But my love for you
Will never fade away
It will be like blossoms
of April, fresh and fragrant
till death
do us part!

Copyright

SARALA
BALACHANDRAN

No comments :

Post a Comment