Friday, June 1, 2018

APRILIA ZANK



APRILIA ZANK

THE MAD KING

they had come all the way
to gawp at the King
had queued for hours
for the bus
for the tickets
had flocked at the gate
to be the first
to be the closest
to touch him
to inhale him
to shiver
at the velvet caress
of his canopy
to penetrate the cave
behold the swan
catch a glimpse
of the hidden chamber
where he devoured youth –
to drown in his frenzy
as he had drowned
in the mire

I was standing aside
waiting
with blood on my hands
and my model kit
of the castle
with the golden cave
and the swan
thought I'd get a chance
to perceive Him
to avow myself
to His mastery
but the pacing crowd
gulped me
swallowed me
smashed my kit
and my castle
to pieces






ADVERT

look at this body
perfectly glowing
in the neon sun
skin
optimally SPF protected
thighs
lacquered with seaweeds –

decorous waves
flood the underground
sand sparkles with promises
like broken glass
the man
holds his briefcase
with petting hands
the woman
deconstructs her identity
behind sunglasses
lace-collared old ladies
show handicapped badges
for reserved seats






CALL

I dig through the night
with loneliness on my shoulders
and ghosts
grinning
with smileless teeth

rain flutters by
unable or
unwilling
to wash off
yesterday's reflections

I hear a voice say
go
join the world
laugh
dance
embrace a tree
fly a kite

I look outside
but it's only the wind
sweeping away
snippets of recollections


APRILIA ZANK


No comments :

Post a Comment