Friday, June 1, 2018

RENEE’ DRUMMOND-BROWN



RENEE’ DRUMMOND-BROWN

ALL GOD’S  CHILDRENS’
AINT GOT “HEAVY” SHOES!

God placed His heavy weight
in my shoes. Therefore,
“my feet’s” and I, shall not, be moved,
nor complain. The eyelids of my shoes
remind me, to watch, fight, and pray.

The tongue of my shoe
is but a two-edged sword.
Speaks volume! Cuts going in!
AND…coming out for sure.

My shoes’ inner sole
reminds me to love the Lord God with all my heart.
With all my mind. And, with all my soul!

The shoe heel reminds me; to not see
the plagues that surround me,
nor the valley lows or mountain tops before me,
BUT rather
to look to the hills from which “MY” help comes.
Which is, the Father God (within me).

The 2-tied loops, lacing my shoes
touts’ a knot, and is but, a threefold cord.
The cord represents the noose
and the knot reminds me: THAT…
I.WEAR. SOME. HEAVY. SHOES. fo sho!

ALL God’s childrens’ aint got heavy
shoes to bear!
I wear a size S.L.A.V.E.R.Y.
What size ‘YOU’ wear?

Dedicated to: “my Momma,” who taught me how to ‘watch’, fight and pray. I miss you B.A.D.
A B.A.D. Poem
No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without written permission from the author. AuthorHouse Copyrighted Publications. All Rights Reserved@ April 13, 2018.






EVERY MAN IS AN ISLAND

Every man is an island
Alone answering for one’s soul
Alone in the grave
Alone in death
Alone in grief
Alone in sin and furies of insanities plea


Alone in truths
Alone in lies
Alone in mess
Alone in friction
Alone in bitterness
Alone in cries
Alone in loneliness


Alone in the fight
Alone in shame
Alone in the shuffle
Alone in the why’s???
Alone in the night
Alone in the game


Alone in wealth
Alone in leadership
Alone in the struggle
Alone in growth
Alone in the climb
Alone in poverty
Alone in schizophrenic mind(S)

Alone at birth.

No man is an island is a brazen lie
at best. But, alone…
One man can change the world
and make a difference!

Dedicated to:  Alone we return and alone we enter.
A RocDeeRay Poem
No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without written permission from the author. All Rights Reserved@ October 6, 2017.






HE BEAT ME

Massa please!
Done; done all you ask!
I cooked;
red rice and beans.
I cleaned;
scrubbing ‘doze hardwoods. On bended hands and knees!
Polished silverware for ENGLISH crumpets and tea.
Breast-fed those babies;
while calling ‘em Ms. Missy!
Ev’n listened to Mrs. Millies’ warrant-less pleas.
Stayed quiet while raping me.
Got up, an’ attended your ‘chillins needs.
Picked cotton ‘inna field of fleas.
Ev’n watched a 13 year ol’ Negro ‘swang from a tree;
‘screamin “MASSA PLEASE!” (guess, un-lucky).
Pled the blood ‘fo me.
Plead the sinners plea…
Wondered if a Savior or Underground gone ‘eva come ‘fo me?

All ‘dats left to do
is get, the lashes that await me
and start all ov’r on ‘morrows journey.
He Beat Me.

Dedicated to: So, deserving of me and them slaves.
A RocDeeRay poem
No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means without written permission from the author. All Rights Reserved. AuthorHouse Publishing Company@ May 3, 2018.


RENEE DRUMMOND-BROWN

RENEE’DRUMMOND-BROWN, is an accomplished poetess with experience in creative writing. She is a graduate of Geneva College of Western Pennsylvania. Renee’ is still in pursuit of excellence towards her mark for higher education. She is working on her sixth book and has numerous works published globally which can be seen in cubm.org/news, KWEE Magazine, Leaves of Ink, Raven Cage Poetry and Prose Ezine, Realistic Poetry International, Scarlet Leaf Publishing House, SickLit Magazine, The Metro Gazette Publishing Company, Inc., Tuck, and Whispers Magazine just to name a few. Civil Rights Activist, Ms. Rutha Mae Harris, Original Freedom Singer of the Civil Rights Movement, was responsible for having Drummond-Brown’s very first poem published in the Metro Gazette Publishing Company, Inc., in Albany, GA. Renee’ also has poetry published in several anthologies and honorable mentions to her credit in variouswriting outlets. Renee’ won and/or placed in several poetry contests globally and her books are eligible for nomination for a Black Book award in Southampton County Virginia. She was Poet of the Month 2017, Winner in the Our Poetry Archives and prestigious Potpourri Poets/Artists Writing Community in the past year. She has even graced the cover of KWEE Magazine in the month of May, 2016. Her love for creative writing is undoubtedly displayed through her very unique style and her work solidifies her as a force to be reckoned with in the literary world of poetry. Renee’ is inspired by non-other than Dr. Maya Angelou, because of her, Renee’ posits “StillIwrite, I write, and I’ll write!”


No comments :

Post a Comment