Friday, June 1, 2018

RYSZARD JAŚKOWSKI



RYSZARD JAŚKOWSKI

RIPENING OF WORD
(DOJRZEWANIE SŁOWA)

***
Only women
Can stop us
at their banks
us
especially sensitive
for starched collars

only mother
can remove from us burden of mannishness
when it is needed to wipe eyes
and shout all sins
in her kitchen apron

only wife
understanding bloody can miss
our returns
at four o' clock in the morning
with pockets full of experience

only girl
from street comer
doesn't ask for address
when we see her off without word







***
I made myself free
And I don't know what to do
I guess 1'11 observe the walls of room
Or maybe I will come across a wolf
Which allows me to admire its fangs
And give me a rule for freedom
I will follow its tracks
Nothing will catch my hand
Until I fall into the traps







***
maybe sighed
in my eyes sea
or maybe that' s only
rain cleansed sleep
from face
I'm looking at refluxes
immersive seagulls
raucous terns
combing white manes of waves
whisper whispers
in trawls of gibbous
fishermen around

RYSZARD JAŚKOWSKI

RYSZARD JAŚKOWSKI was born in Stalowa Wola, Poland, and attended Maria Curie Skłodowska University, where he received a degree in law. After graduation, he started working for co-operatives, first in his hometown, currently for National Supervision Union Of Spolem Consumer Co-operatives in Warsaw. Although he devoted himself to organizing and developing the co-operatives, he finds time to write poetry. He authored four books of poems: „Dojrzewanie słowa” (1997), „Siedem koszów obfitości” (2000), „Łaknienie” (2003) and „Trudno obudzić nadzieje” (2009). He is a member of the Polish Writers Union since 2004.


No comments :

Post a Comment