Friday, June 1, 2018

ELIZA SEGIET



ELIZA SEGIET


MY WORLD

I understood a lot.

Now I know

that not soon enough.

Instead of dealing with the family,

I was thinking

only of the problems

faced by those,

who appeared in the newspapers,

in the annals of crime.

Although I did not know them, I lived

their lives.

And when I could help someone

– I did not help.



Honey, I'm leaving -



she whispered.

I wondered where she was going.



I could not break away from the news.

Something happened again!

Probably an accident!



Now I know

– she did not go out.

She left.

And I know she will not come back.


Mój świat

Wiele zrozumiałem.

Teraz wiem,

że zbyt późno.

Zamiast zajmować się rodziną,

myślałem

tylko o problemach

tych,

którzy zaistnieli w gazetach,

w kronikach kryminalnych.

Choć ich nie znałem, żyłem

ich życiem.

A kiedy mogłem pomóc człowiekowi

– nie pomogłem.



Kochanie, odchodzę -



szepnęła.

Zastanowiłem się, gdzie wychodzi.



Nie mogłem oderwać się od wiadomości.

Coś znowu się działo!

Chyba jakiś wypadek!



Teraz wiem

– ona nie wyszła.

Odeszła.

I wiem, że nie wróci.






AFTER MANY YEARS

Long they have walked for

in the same direction,

together.



After many years,

now separately.



Hearts

like love-soaked sponges

longed for

every day.



At the old age

they understood that

they waited for too long –

they have come here,

where they will never

be together again.




Po latach

Długo szli

w tę samą stronę,

razem.



Po latach,

już osobno.



Serca

jak nasączone miłością gąbki

każdego dnia

tęskniły.



Na starość

zrozumieli, że

zbyt długo czekali –

doszli tutaj,

gdzie już nigdy

nie będą razem.






IMAGINATION

When the memories

are still smouldering

and the memory allows

to return to the past,

what was

before

becomes a moment

to which it gladly returns.



It will not throw away

those days.

They cannot be forgotten.



One cannot dream through

loneliness,

but it can always

hug with hope.


Wyobraźnia

Kiedy jeszcze

tlą się wspomnienia

i pamięć pozwala

wrócić do przeszłości,

to, co wcześniej

było,

staje się chwilą,

do której chętnie wraca.



Nie wyrzuci z siebie

tamtych dni.

Ich nie można zapomnieć.



Nie da się prześnić

samotności,

ale zawsze może

przytulić się do nadziei.

ELIZA SEGIET


No comments :

Post a Comment