Friday, June 1, 2018

DONNA MCCABE



DONNA MCCABE

CHILDHOOD INNOCENCE

Those childhood days,
full of adventure,
explorers in pursuit of our dreams,
every day as exciting as the on before.
Always together,
hiding,seeking,
finding treasures of old.
Climbing trees,ghost hunting,
being scared,being bold.
A friendship,a bond,
from heaven it was sent,
creating mischief and laughter,
wherever we went.
Having picnics,going swimming,
doing projects together.
Listening to music,reading books,
together whatever the weather.
Childhood recollections swirl in my heart,
from years of fabulous fun.
A stitch in time,
that is alone mine,
my special cloak of happiness.






PARADISE ISLE

Dreaming of paradise,
islands in the sun.
My own personal Eden,
full of laughter and fun.
There is endless peace,
in this place so serene.
Water babbles over the rocks,
which glitter like gems in the sun.
There are exotic fruits,
and swaying palms,
a gentle breeze,
that will only caress.
Tropic nights,
fires on the beach.
A party,
that lasts all night long.
A feeling of happiness,
a feeling of joy,
a magical and
musical song
Dawn,
It is breaking.
Colours streak the sky,
time to leave my paradise land.
But I'll be back,
tonight I know,
as soon as the sandman sighs.






AFFINITY

I have found a love,
as rich as a Pharaohs tomb,
I feel just like a butterfly,
emerging from it's cocoon.
I feel bold ,
I feel young,
there is a song of joy in my heart.
You're my charm of protection
when danger is near,
you soothe away all thought of fear.
I cannot breath,
I cannot think,
My mind is in overload.
We have risked a lot
to get this far,
our hearts sought each other out,
a multi-coloured destiny,
our paths of life marked out.
Together forever,
you and I,
my one and only sweet ally.

DONNA MCCABE

DONNA McCabe was born and raised in the Rhondda Valleys, South Wales, UK. She now lives in a town called Penygraig with her husband Richard, a Postman, their three children and family dog. She has always loved reading and writing for as long as she can remember. She finds it therapeutic and a relief from life's every day grind and problems. She has been writing actively for the last sixteen years in which time she has had a large portion of her work published in a number of magazines, journals, local periodicals, poetry anthologies as well as various poetry groups online in which she is an active member.


No comments :

Post a Comment