Tuesday, November 1, 2022

DAVID R MELLOR

 


Escape…

 

I escaped existence 

And death

 

Lived on a frayed 

Nerve, till

It tangled into

A fishing net 

 

Let it dissolve on a sea 

Bed of tears 

Till you all left me 

And I had no need

 

To escape existence 

Or death 

 

Erased 

 

I turned your page 

But I wasn’t in it  

 

I thought I was your blockbuster 

Spine chilling thriller 

Suspense on every page 

A delightful rom-com 

I was Hugh Grant

And you were my fair maiden 

 

But I turned over 

And I wasn’t in it 

 

A black fairytale…

The letters having turned

To snow

On the page

 

The Dead Seen Scrolls 

 

Scrolling down…

I see a notice of a “Heavenly Birthday”

Of someone I never knew was dead 

 

We were in a band together, that faded

very fast 

But down the Dead seen Scrolls 

there is no mention of those years 

 

So long in the past… 

 

And how a gentle soul touched me so deeply 

As deep as the sea I sail on now 

 

Sinking deeper

And deeper 

Into the past 

 

DAVID R MELLOR

 

DAVID R MELLOR: Born 1964, (Liverpool, England) to a difficult birth, David didn't find his voice until his youth. Years of thinking he was nobody and treated as such. Including a period of homelessness in the desperate Thatcher Years. However, he hit the paper papering over the scars. Found understanding and belief through words. He has been published and performed widely from the BBC, The Tate, galleries and pubs and everything in between. Now resident in Turkey he has continued his literary career. His poems and writings   are autobiographical, others topical and several his take on life. Hope you enjoy.

 

 


No comments :

Post a Comment