Tuesday, November 1, 2022

ELENI IOANNOU

 


The Dead

 

Don’t scream

The dead will hear you

And they’ll wake up

From their macabre sleep

And it’s unfair

To return

in a world defeated

From the vanity

of immortality.

 

I Let Myself

 

I let myself to birds

I let myself to wind

I let myself to earth

I let myself in universe

From anywhere I came

there I'll go

Naked, I came pure

Dressed with sins I go away.

 

The Black Boat

 

The night before

-what a night! -

I dreamed

that I visited a planet

called New Earth.

There are no people,

only dead around,

unmoving,

sown like amaranth.

No one was buried.

Somewhere beyond

beside the sand dunes

a newborn, red with its blood

blind since birth,

wrapped around its umbilical cord

which connected it to Earth,

-inside a black boat

anchored at the edge of the black sea-

sang the hymn of life.

Then he died instantly.

 

ELENI IOANNOU

 

ELENI IOANNOU is from Kavala, Greece.___Writes poetry, is involved in painting and photography.___She has attended theater, creative writing, architectural design, painting, photography, singing and piano classes. She participates in seminars when she gets the chance because she likes to refresh her knowledge.___She has studied Fashion Design, Interior Design and Makeup Artist in schools in Athens. During her studies, she has taken part in group painting exhibitions and fashion shows.___She has participated in photography galleries of Fotografos magazine, in group photography exhibitions, in painting exhibitions such as "Artistic May 2016", Cheap Art, REMbrand name at Gallery Lola Nikolaou, etc.___Her poems have been awarded in Greece and abroad and are available in electronic and printed form, in ebooks and poetry anthologies. Her photographs and paintings have also been recognized and awarded.___She is in constant action and feels lucky because she is doing what she loves and expresses herself. After all, life is too short to be sad...

No comments :

Post a Comment