Monday, May 1, 2023

MILICA PAUNOVSKA


Not You

 

The words match ...

Characters are mixed ...

I cannot believe-

time flies fast.

 

Strange looks.

Mysterious smiles.

There are tones that strike me,

I would do my best not to delete them.

Some bring me back,

those same pictures, the same feelings,

same sighs, same reprimands ..

And that’s not you.

 

The memory keeps me going.

All the senses are weakened,

it intensifies.

When you ask for a helping hand

you swing in front of you

and there is no one.

 

When you ask for a shoulder to cry on,

you scream,

and loneliness responds.

 

Butterfly

 

I want to talk about the feeling that melts you.

You are just melting.

Feeling from which there is no return.

Strange euphoria overwhelms you,

the butterflies do not stop.

You want the moments to last forever

every touch lifts you higher.

Fingers intertwined,

Face to face ...

I closed my eyes,

I wanted the moment to last a long time.

Apple to apple.

Hand around ...

Loud music and baby faces-

Full of plea.

All I wanted was for this to last,

Kiss or goodbye hug

never to come.

 

Part Of Me

 

I find myself

in situations with no way out.

Smiling face,

and a broken heart.

I'm looking for you in the songs,

I hear you in the evening.

There is little left of you.

A few movements,

little smiles,

too few words

and most tears.

Time has passed,

a lot of pain remained.

At least if I knew where are you.

 

MILICA PAUNOVSKA

 

MILICA PAUNOVSKA was born in the heart of Macedonia in the distant 1989 year, in a small city Negotino where she spends her childhood days. Until she moves to the capital city and starts faculty od Economics and shortly after starts working there in Skopje. She has been writing in  the past 15 years and has revealed her first book, a collection of poems entitled "Incomplete", where she exposes herself, lets her voice be heard and allows others to peek and hear part of it.Some of her poems have already been translated and published on several foreign languages and poetry pages.For her poems, she says that they reveal herself and with her verses she gives direction to all the people who have been through or are going through similar situations as she does. She shows them that nothing is lost if you find the right creative way to feel and express yourself.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment