Monday, May 1, 2023

ZILOLA KHUJANIYOZOVA

 


***

 

Rain… is a piece of my massive heart

Which is falling down like a wrecked glass.

And a brown leaf, an old tree –

Wishes of my poor sister

Which were waited a long and never came true.

They burned hope

Collecting it like the leaves of autumn.

It is still smoking.

That smoke makes eyes weep, makes heart cry.

Someone tries to hide himself,

Others peep from a hole

So as not to get wet or sick

Thanks to the pieces of my heart.

Oh, the Mother Earth, no one except you

Understand me like my mum.

I am absorbing into you slowly and slowly

Now as to end your sorrow

And to finish your pains,

To fulfill your dreams

I am absorbing into your roots, sister.

 

***

 

The midnight

My soul leans on stooped willow.

Rain washes faces of my dreams.

Tongue of my eyes blossom so well

Rainy streets consume my footprints.

 

The midnight

My pains are tangled like an ocean wave,

They yell to the seashore like an angry dog.

I want to present you my only heart but

You do not need it – what an epilogue.

 

The midnight

Rain and snow fall in a mixed way,

Curtains of blind fog will be torn down.

All I have will collapse like an old wall,

Heart faces great torture till the dawn.

 

The midnight

Moon is full, stars are bright, night is calm

My eyes get tired of waiting for you, love.

Like a feather, my soul moves to the stars

I am to stay in this loveless world, though.

 

The midnight…

 

Jealousy

 

Lightning, a skillful artist, gets ready

Shoots the beauty of nature in one.

Wind, adroit helper, running all the way

Makes the hair of girlish trees done.

 

Suddenly, making a threatening noise

Jealous rain arrives there in hurry.

Being vexed, it expels the wind and,

Slaps all the trees without sorry.

 

Instantly the leaves sigh in horror

The tree shouts: “Go away, please!”

Morning. Rain stops with all regret,

Trace of slap is seen in tree’s phiz.

 

Translated Into English By Shokhrukh Usmonov

 

ZILOLA KHUJANIYOZOVA

 

ZILOLA KHUJANIYOZOVA: She was born in 1973 in Kashkadarya region. Member of the Union of Writers of Uzbekistan. Winner of the Ulugbek Award. She is the author of about ten poetry and publicist books.


No comments :

Post a Comment