Thursday, April 1, 2021

BOUTHEINA BOUGHNIM

 


BOUTHEINA BOUGHNIM

 

Ob-Scene

 

As I walk down

 

The oblong square

 

I glimpse my friend coming my way…

 

Thrilled at her sight,

 

My hand in my coat’s pocket,

 

Itches, craves to reach out to hers—

 

My arms get ready to embrace her with a warm hug…

 

 

 

All stops in a fraction of a sec.

 

Retracting with a sob,

 

Readjusting the mask,

 

I damned Covid 19,

 

The anti-convivial plague;

 

Imposed distance is obscene!

 

 

 

When I need…

 

 

When I need tenderness,

 

I am surrounded by droughts

 

As you disintegrate into thin air…

 

 

When I need affection

 

I only reach out for

 

Ghosts’ cold hugs and protection…

 

 

When I need a touch, a smile,

 

A kiss on the forefront,

 

I become a virgin land

 

Waiting for an ethereal tread…

 

 

When I need a tear, on your cheek,

 

Shed for my own sake,

 

Needless to shake

 

A Mary’s statue that is fake…

 

 

 

The Shout

 

 

Twisted necks,

 

With appalled eyes

 

And Hung dreams swarmed like a flock of mating bird...

 

 

The lonesome crowd stood listening

 

To foamy, forbidding speeches….

 

 

 

They wait;

 

They have all their time to waste…

 

With gasping breath and dwindling faith,

 

Stout, at last, they shall shout!

 

BOUTHEINA BOUGHNIM


No comments :

Post a Comment